End of season, planning for next year!!!

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Hope everyone had a productive and safe ice fishing season, I know I sure did. Now that it’s done, the wheels are already starting to turn in my head for next year. I’m going to construct a permanent shack and want to incorporate a safe heater so I can sleep in it. I’ve seen them on several shacks this past season, you know the ones, they have the combustion chamber actually using outside air.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as to a make or brand? Any suggestions as to where to look for a unit to scrounge from? Where are they mainly used in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Slab hunter

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Hey slab hunter, I think I talked to you on Big Round Easter weekend, how did you end up doing? I like fishing out of the big permanent but when the snow come the mobility issue comes into play, if your looking for a good buy I saw some on fishingminnesota.com

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Hi Joey,
    No sorry, that wasn’t me. I would have liked to been there, but the relatives came over, I suggested going to Big Round for dinner on the ice but no takers. I think I need to put an IDA sticker on my truck soon.
    Did you have any luck up there? The weekend before, it was tough. Maybe next year.

Slab

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.