fisherman through the ice

• Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I hope everyone is being causious of this ice out here now. Heard on my scanner tonite where someone went in at Cold Springs just before dusk. I didn’t hear if he made it or not. But it came on over my scanner that a fisherman had gone in. And that is all it said. Hate it when I hear bad news like that.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Well we are geting some colder than usuall teperatures this week, so that will help with ice.

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

THAT JUST SHOWS YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE AREA YOU ARE FISHING OR SOMETHING SERIOUS CAN GO WRONG

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I pesonally don’t think it is worth your life or risking losing your gear over a couple of fish.
    Like today, sure it was cold, but the sun is out and it is eating it’s way through that ice. Good this min the next?????? It’s not for me. I have learned to respect this river years ago.

ducks4me
    N.E. Iowa

Quote:

I pesonally don’t think it is worth your life or risking losing your gear over a couple of fish.
    Like today, sure it was cold, but the sun is out and it is eating it’s way through that ice. Good this min the next?????? It’s not for me. I have learned to respect this river years ago.

I agree 100%! Better safe than sorry.

Ducks

jeweler
    Wisconsin

Yeah some guy fell in at Blackdeer last sat. I am sure he wishes he did not step where he did. He made it out ok, but still wet!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.