Storage of gear during the summer

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Just wondering what all of you do over the summer months to store your ice gear. How do you store your augers, rods, and portable shacks?
    I just bought a new Fish Trap and want to make sure it is properly stored. Mfgr. doesn’t say much in the owners manual.
    Any advice?

herb
    6ft under

Just put my Otter in the basement and set it on blocks to keep it off the floor. I run a dehumidifier so no moisture problems. Put an open sandwich bag of mothballs and then a couple dryer sheets in there to keep the bugs and any possible meeces out. Has worked for years. Auger is degassed and hangs in the shed. Rods hang in the shed and tackle and other small items go in large tupperware containers with lids. That’s it!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

My Fish Trap gets the cover put on and I slide it under my trailer. I take the skin off the Otter and store it in the shed and the sled also goes under the trailer. I leave the rods in the rod bag. I store the bags and tackle in a tupperware container and throw it in the Otter sled so everything is together for the next year.

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

I air mine out, fold it up and put it up in the rafters of the garage. Never had any moth or mice problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.