Shack Invaders

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

There are reports of muskrats going up peoples holes in their shacks and campin out. Some leave big piles of weeds. Anyone having this happen?

mile832
    MN

My grandfather lives on Woman Lake near Longville. He had muskrats blitz his shack quite a few times. I think he uses hole covers now to keep the little buggers out.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

We had one around ours in Star Prairie, WI. My brother in-law said he felt like he was playing the old whack a mole game!

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

My dad and I had one come up one of our holes one time while we were fishing. It went back down right away but it was pretty neat.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Wow, it sounds more common than I think now. I spose it is like the whack a pole game. Hell, if I had it happen, id ring a bat with me from now on.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Joe,

I think you meant “whack the mole” instead of “whack the pole!” But then again, there’s more than one variation of “whack the pole” out there…

John

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Eddies Irish Pu_?

mile832
    MN

You’re killing me!

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

this may be the first time i actually laughed out loud at something on the interet.

sidecar fisher
    Rochester, Mn.

I had this same “whack a mole” problem. We moved the shack 3 times but they, and it was a family kept coming back. Every time they scared the fish away and filled the underside of the shack with muscle shells and boy it stunk!! We finaly gave up. It was only 1 of 2 permanents on willow creek. Troy Pike

mikemohr
    eau claire wi.

i guess it was much more common then i thought it has been happing alot lately. Is it some thing to be worried about when you put your shack out

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Speaking from experiance…when they come up the hole, it’s hard to tell who’s more surprised..the guy leaving the house or the mole going back down the hole!

The mess comes when they sneek in while your away. (just like kids..I might add.)

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I spose they can leave big piles of weeds and such.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.