Prior!

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey!!!

If anyone is looking for some late ice action, Prior is really quiet now…..Quiet in the sense of surface noise. It is quite peacefull out there.

The bite for sunnies right now is really hot. Everyone is pulling off the ice, so if you have a portable, get out there for some quality metro gills!!!!!!!

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Thanks for info Gary, might have to get back down there. Any crappies mixed in with the gills?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Yep!!!

My buddy had a perm in a small bay on the very east end of the lake. We stopped out there yesterday and decided it hit if for a couple of hours in the afternoon before he removes the house.

All we had was waxies and glow teardrop jigs. The sunnies were hot for them, and we did snag a few decent crappies. All the sunnies except for a few were decent eaters!!! And a few large ones thrown into the mix as well.

The lake is like a ghost town. Nobody is out there. It is SWEET!!!!!!!

If you are looking for crappies, I would check around the island on the north side of the lake. Look in water in the 20 foot range and start scouting from there.

A guy could more/less have the whole lake to himself this weekend!!!!!!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Gary,

We’re you in shallow or out past the drop in the 18-20 ft water?

Thanks!

Rootski

gary_wellman
    South Metro

We were fishing the little bay on the east side of prior, in about 15fow.

Around the Is on the north side, I would focus on the 22′ “hole”. Work from there and scout around.

The nice thing about Prior right now is that there are NO community holes. Everyone is GONE!!!!

If a guy is portable, you can really get out there and do some serious scouting for quality fish, with little pressure!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.