crappies .crappies

• crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

went to peltier today and did real good , got some real nice crappies and some slab sunnies we went straight out from the launch off the first point in about 18 fow they were suspended a good 7-8 feet off the bottom

we were useing white glow jigs w/ red stripe tip with euro larvae and also crappie minnows … what a day

jus a lil info

p.s the ice was fine to drive on and the launch was good too

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

As I was shoveling snow yesterday I thought its probably low pressure today and the fish are biting. Checked the pressure and it was around 29.8 yesterday. Dang, should of went fishing sunday instead of saturday. Oh, well. Thanks for the report Crappiechaser and affirming my theory. That lake can be good when you hit it right.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

yes , fishing was great iam going back tonight

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What time are you heading out? Looking for any company out there? I need to get out of the house.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

hey , mike w , sorry i dident get the reply till now , i just got back from there , did pretty good
    i am going back tomorow again around 3:00pm till around 7:00 – 8:00pm if you see a fishtrap yukon or a clam 6800 next to a plymouth minivan tan with woodgrain sides , thats me , be glad to have more company out there , more the better well see ya out there ..

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Crappiechaser, they still biting? I’m gonna try getting out there thursday or friday after work. Full moon this week, if its not cloudy one might not need a lantern.

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

IT WAS A LITTLE SLOWER TODAY , WE GOT A FEW THOUGH DECENT SIZED , BUT ILL BE OUT THERE THURSDAY AND FRIDAY

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Was out tonight from 3:30-6:30. The fish were very finicky. I had trouble even getting the small fish to bite. Caught a couple small crappies, a couple good size sunnies, and few small sunnies. Lots of fish down there, they just weren’t too hungry. Gonna try tomorow again.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Finally found those crappies. I fished from 5-7:30 and caught few good crappies. I had better luck in 12-13 feet of water rather than the deeper 13-15 where there were a lot of small fish that would not bite. Some of the crappies would show up at 5 foot down. Still had to coerce them into biting. I used a chartruese glow jig with two waxies. Got a couple nice sunnies too!

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

YEP JUST KEEP JIGG’EN , IT SEEMED THEY LIKE LOTS OF MOVEMENT , JIG ENOUGH THEY,ELL BITE …

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

HERES A PIC FROM THURSDAY NIGHT THIS WAS ONE OF THE NICE ONES I GOT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.