this weekend

• jfrank
    BARABOO,WI

would like to come to Mississippi sat or sunday…….any suggestions where we should try for panfish??? anyone buyer a ice auger adapter to use with a portable hand drill?? works slick

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

If you are trying for panfish head to Stoddard. It may be hit and miss but also has been more hit this year than any where else I have been. Get a good map and look for 1 of 3 channels.You will be in 5-8fow. There are some good holes at 20-30fow hint hint. Lil Cecils and rembrants plus platic have produced bigger gills and crappies!

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

were can I get a good map of the stoddard area Bret.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Not that is is a good map but it works for me – http://www.umesc.usgs.gov/aquatic/bathymetry/viewable.html
    Pick pool 8. You will have to use your map to pick it out from there. It is very clear where the channeles and holes are. Do Not head for the holes off the landing. You will get wet. The holes I am talking about are north of the landing If I wasn’t tied up in a pike contest this weekend I would meet you there.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Just so you know I am not off my rocker here is what you can exspect.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Another week, and so on until it was time to fish for something else!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

If they are hitting you will think I am a God.
    If they are not you will think I am a fool

mec
    West Salem,WI

Hi Bret.Say,where do you get those lil cecils around your area?I can’t seem to find them.Thanks

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

D&J’s in Onalaska and LaCrosse have a few. Also Schaefer’s Bait shop on the prairie. Also Bob’s Bait has them in LaCrosse. I think Tri-State in La Crescent also carries them.

mec
    West Salem,WI

Thanks AM,got some today

jfrank
    BARABOO,WI

weather looked bad to travel so staying around Baraboo today

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.