Fishn thru a hole

• sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

My 5 year old daughter has been asking me to take her fishing thru a hole all winter. I do not ice fish much as I do not have the patience to sit and wait for the fish to come to me. The only ice I like is frosted on my beer bottle . But I a good father I took her ice fishing and this is her first eye thru the ice. A nice 3 pounder that she thought that we could mount.

Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

A closer pic of Katie and her trophy.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Thats awesome…..Priceless…….

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

she thought could get mounted! i am surprised you didn’t think of it first.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Go For it !! Mount it !!

Or a replica !! your memories will last forever and this piece of it will last with it !!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Cool picture. There was a guy on here a while ago that does full size posters of fish or just about any thing else you want. Sounded like he could put the photos on mugs, shirts and different items also. Alot cheaper than mounting fish.

Here it is. Customfish.com

Looks like some neat stuff he does.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

She’s a real beauty.

Nice fish to boot.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Ron, I am glad to see that you finally made it out onto the ice. Looks like a new fish house is in order. You already have one little fishing buddy and it won’t be long until you have two of them. Tara says hi and nice fish (I think she is jealous).

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

awesome something a man can be proud of

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Good Father!

At the very least have the picture blown up, frame it with a Wallmart frame and give it to her for her birthday. Make it a big deal…’cause it is!

You can tell Katie that I’ve fished all winter and haven’t caught a walleye that size!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Thanks for all the nice comments. The fish will not be forgotten as she asks every other day if she can see the pic.
    The cool thing about this fish is she watch it all on the camera. We drilled three holes and put the camera in one and our lines in the other two. We could see both lures in the view finder. The walleye came up to mine and brushed it, then started to swim away. I had Katie snap jig hers and the fish spun around. Then I told Katie to let her jig lie on the bottom, the eye swam up to her jig and studied the offering. Then the fish stood on this head and inhailed her minnow. I told her to set the hook and the fight was on It was the coolest thing I have ever seen.
    Ron

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Great pic Ron,you and Katie are going to talk about that eye for many years to come.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.