menomin and tainter

• starkj25

has anyone been catching any walleyes or northerns out here lately?

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Every weekend when i pass the lake there are always people fishing out there, but i never hear a report of the fish really biting. Has anyone been doing well on any species? Also is there any access to get back by the cut off?

fetzeriiif
    Wheeler, WI

From what I’ve heard, its been slow. From what I’ve experienced its been Even slower. I haven’t been out for a week though. Isn’t there a campground up by the cut off?

Is that Jason Stark?

starkj25

yeah its me, do you have any other ideas where i could catch some walleyes or some descent siz northerns?

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Welcome to the site starkj25. The fishing has been slow on Menomin for myself and others. There were some nice fish caught Saturday for the Dunn County Fish and Game contest on Menomin. I think a northern close to 15 pounds won tthat category, There was a nice walleye on the board that won that cat. with several other smaller eyes on the board as well. I had large suckers out all of Saturday on the south east end of the lake and no takers. I haven’t been out on Tainter so can’t help you there. The perch were biting slow also. We marked a lot of fish at about 9 feet in 18 feet of water but couldn’t get them to bite. If you get out please keep us informed by throwing a post up. Thanks and welcome again. Steve

fetzeriiif
    Wheeler, WI

If you want to catch more than one walleye a night, you might have to travel a little farther than menomin or tainter. If you don’t want to travel, try doing some open water fishing below the dam in menomonie. I’ll bet you could get some walleyes there. Otherwise just get out on ice at night. If you get out at four and stay till at least nine you have a good chance of catching a walleye or two on either of the lakes. I wouldn’t expect anything that too fantastic. Most of the fish we’ve caught have been pretty small. I don’t know of a magic depth to set up in. We’ve caught them anywere from 3 – 30 ft. Let me know if you have any luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.