SOMERSET WISC TO BE SITE OF HUGE ICE FISHING TOURN

• SYAA

SOMERSET WISC TO BE SITE OF HUGE ICE FISHING TOURNAMENT(SECOND POSTING)

Ice fishermen, mark Saturday, Feb. 26 on your calendar.
    That is the date for the first Somerset Youth Athletics Association Ice Fishing Contest, which will be held on Bass Lake. The tournament will benefit all Somerset youth sports. There will be $24,000 worth of prizes for the top 50 finishers in the tournament. The top prize will be an ATV four-wheeler with an estimated value of $6,500.
    The five biggest fish will be entered into a grand prize drawing, with the chance to win the grand prize, a 2005 Chevy Silverado with an estimated value of $30,000.
    Many of the prizes for the tournament will be items like a duck boat, an ATV trailer, ice augers, fish finders, shotguns and cash. SYAA plans to make the tournament an annual event and hope to some day rival a large tournament on Forest Lake that attracts more than 3,000 entrants each year.

Entry fee for the tournament is $30 per hole for adults and $10 for kids 15 and under. Holes will be drilled by tournament officials. Registration will be from 9-11:30 a.m. the morning of the tournament, with a noon shotgun start. Registration will be held at the north landing of Bass Lake. A chicken feed will be held at MacDaddy¹s in Somerset, Wisconsin following the event.

Anyone seeking more information on the tournament can call the Somerset Youth Athletics Assoc. @ (715) 247-2323.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

From what I’ve heard, they are going to have plenty of prizes for the kids. It’s a good cause, and should be a good time. See you out there!!!
    ps I have no connection to this other than living in Somerset, and having a kid that plays hockey and baseball!

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

how much of the lake are they going to have the contest cover? i was thinking about pre fishing the area..anybody know exactly the where abouts of the contest…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.