Round Lake, Andover

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone ever fished Round lake in Andover? Heard there is a decent panfish bite going on out there. I was suprised to see my neighbor come home with a bucket full of nice sunnies from there yesterday. A few of them must of been in the 9″ range.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Are you talking about the mud hole west of county rd 9. It is very hard for me to believe that anything could survive in that swamp.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

My buddy asked me about that lake today. He said he seen a bunch of houses out there yesterday! I thought that place froxe through!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Mud hole, Swamp, Spit. Ive heard it refered to as all of these. Wouldn’t even give the lake a second thought if I hadn’t seen the fish in the bucket. He did say they did alot of sorting but what he had in the bucket was very decent.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I have heard reports of 10+ houses out there a night. There had to be a reason for the madness.

big water
    Andover ,MN

that is crooked lake that the houses are on not round lake. round is a half a mile from my house there is not a house on it . round lake is only about 3ft. deep

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im sure he said that it was round that he was on. Guess that there is a 15′ hole in there some where. Not much else.

seifjr

According the DNR the maximum depth is 15 feet, but they don’t map the lake.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I drive by it every day to and from work.

Last week I counted 12 portables out in the center of the lake.

It is Round lake,on Round lake blvd. Not Crooked lake.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

now i have heard of fishing crooked lake but round lake, that is a swamp! I have seen people out water skiing on that lake and just thought, I would never in my life go and swim or even let that water touch my skin. anyway, I know crooked lake is a decent bass lake, I am sure that in the years of people fishing it, it has gone down hill.

shane

Lee Warneka

Fish populations were reduced due to some actions by the city or county or ?
    It was never determined what cause the lowered lake level however, for four or five years now it has been near normal and remains level. Now the Round Lake Area Residents org is working on removing the invasive species known as the “narrow-leaf cattail” that has grown mats out in what should be open water. These floating mats are not native and not natural or normal.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Wow! A blast from the past.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

The question remains…are there any fish left in it to make it worth a try?

Curious, because it’s about 10 minutes from where I live.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

if there were they will be gone in a few weeks after this thread

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>

Exactly. Im all for sharing information but naming a small hot lake in the metro online is ridiculous. PM’s work good for this but word still travels fast no matter what.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walleyestudent Andy Cox wrote:</div>

Exactly. Im all for sharing information but naming a small hot lake in the metro online is ridiculous. PM’s work good for this but word still travels fast no matter what.

Maybe that’s why Lee motored around the lake with his little dog but made no mention of dropping a line in the water.
    Perhaps I’ll venture out there soon, but I shall preempt by saying there are no fish out there! wink

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Small lakes like round don’t need Internet exposure to get noticed. Simply being out there will attract a HUGE crowd. Round lake blvd is a very busy road.

I know I take notice when I see people fishing on a small lake.

Charles

Well you can always screw with people, and put a couple of a fishes out there and get some from frozen crappies next to you )

I never new there was anything in that pound before.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

If a bunch of people start fishing a lake in the metro big or small word will spread. about 5 years ago a buddy and I got to a lake by Annandale it was us and one other house on the other side. two trucks came on the ice paused and decided to setup by the other house. for the next 3 hours every car drove out by that group as it got bigger and bigger no one paused they just drove there. we did have really good luck in our spot so it was pretty funny to see everyone coming and going to the other side.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Small lakes like round don’t need Internet exposure to get noticed. Simply being out there will attract a HUGE crowd. Round lake blvd is a very busy road.

I know I take notice when I see people fishing on a small lake.

You will never see me….

Attachments:
    1. fishing-under-ice-6.jpg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Not even if I used a bottle of pbr for bait?

SpoonbillSlayer
    St. Michael, MN

Holy Old post!

Wouldn’t it of froze out in 13-14, like all the other shallow stuff did that year? Not that a few wouldn’t survive I guess.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Okay. Want to formally apologize for this post that i started over 10 years ago. Would like to think a lot of us learned what the Internet can do to posts like this. Also goes to show what you post on the net sticks around for ever. Good chance ill be hosed due to posts like this if i ever decide to run for public office.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Good chance ill be hosed due to posts like this if i ever decide to run for public office.

Well, if Donald Trump can do it…

troutbum
    St. Paul

applause

applause

applause

Record thread bump.

+10 points for dog video.

applause

applause

applause

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Okay. Want to formally apologize for this post that i started over 10 years ago. Would like to think a lot of us learned what the Internet can do to posts like this. Also goes to show what you post on the net sticks around for ever. Good chance ill be hosed due to posts like this if i ever decide to run for public office.

Actually its been over 11 years, but who’s counting. A lot has changed since then, no need to apologize. If I find anything good out there, you will be the one and only that inform! wink

Lee Warneka

This was a few weeks ago. Right at the end of the warm weather.

Lee Warneka

I know they catch crappies and sunfish. My kids you to catch walleye but, I believe the low water from about 2000 to about 2010 may have killed them off. Have to see.
    Question is what caused the very low water level. Something unnatural! The lake is back to pretty much normal levels for about five years and is maintaining a normal levels so whatever it was seems to have been corrected.
    Now the invasive species “narrow leaf” cattails have floating mats out in the lake. You can see them in the videos. They could be cut into blocks with chainsaws and pulled to shore and burned when they dry out.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

The splake in Round are on fire on gobs of waxies.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.