Tainter, Big Round, Balsam walleye bite…

• tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

I’m planning on giving one of these lakes a shot this friday night for some walleyes. Any information on location and presentation would be greatly appreciated, or even a suggestion on another lake. Thanks

razy
    Baldwin, WI

The best reports I have heard have been off of big round, but that was quit a while ago. If I was to go I would go south of the west boat ramp off the weed line.
    you will see a few guys fihing there. I dont think the bite is as good as years past.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Last I heard the bite was really slow….it was great earlier this year….good luck if you decide to head out here

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

You say people will be fishing out there….even if i go after dark? And also what about balsam. I heard reports early that people were getting them between east and west…are they still biting? Finally would you suggest small shiners or suckers. I appreciate the information. TipUpsOnly

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Fished one of the bars towards the center of big round tonight from 730-1130. Not a flag. There were a few others set up right by us…looked to be the same luck for them. People were scattered all over the lake fishing though. Anyone have a little more successful report? Also how is the crappie fishing out there?

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Welcome to the site razy. Please feel free to post as we all can use more info on the area lakes. We were just up in your neck of the woods (Hammond) and had lunch at the Doll House. Good place for a steak sandwich and a great salad to go with it. Any more info on Big Round. There are some really big gills and perch in there. Again welcome to the site. Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.