need help!!!!!!!

• crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

im looking into geting a flasher which is the better brand
    marcum or vexilar and what is the difference between the to.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I am happy with my vexilar but I mainly fish crappies and dont need the zooms and seperations and all those other bells and whistles. I would honestly go with the marcum as the pro staff here sells nearly brand new units for dirt cheap, I have seen one that my friend bought from Scott Steil and the thing was brand new as far as I could tell. Go to the classifieds section and check out what is in there for sale. Good luck.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Morning If you do a search on here, you will find a ton of information on this topic. I have the Vex, but from the sounds of all the discussions on here, it is just a matter of personal preference. It also depends on the money you have available to spend. The FL-8 is more affordable and the LX-3 and the FL-18 being more expensive. They both work great and can help you catch more fish

crappiechaser
    Clear Lake WI

thanks for the reply i appreciate it

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

this question is like which is better mercury or yamaha. most pro’s have the vex. i just use the flasher on my fish finder. if i had the money , however, i would get the vex, and justify buying one for using it ice fishing too. if it breaks where would you send the marcum?

trout1
    Se minnesota

I like the vex… it was relativly cheap and and I I’ve used it in the boat and the canoe after the ice goes away!!!!

AdamJohnson
    Brainerd, MN.

For years I used a Vex. Now, I have a LX-3 and so far I love it! More power than the Vex, better charging system, lighter, quieter, easier to read in sunlight, plus it’s built right here in MN. I am very impressed with the Marcum.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

They also have a lx-1, doesen’t have zoom though,but i can live with out it for now..I really like it..

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome guys. I see we have a few newer guys here and I would like to say welcome. Great to have you here with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want. Thanks, Bill

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Welcome to the site!!
    I have an LX-3 and I am really happy with it. I really like the packaging the case is so nice everything is enclosed but easy to get out if you need to.
    John

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I have been using the FL-18 for a few years and I’m very happy with it. I like the bottom lock feature, low power mode, transducer options, and the 10 Interference Rejection settings it has. This is one flasher that you can truly get year round use out of. Not to mention excellent customer service from Vexilar.

scottsteil
    Central MN

MarCum LX-3, for the same reasons Adam Johnson mentioned. If you are buying a graph today, I would recommend buying the best one out there

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I just purchased a Vexilar FL18 this year and I really like the LP(low power mode) this allows you to fish in shallow water like I do on the Mississippi River back waters..Another feature I like is the BL(bottom lock mode), this makes the normal 2″ on space on the flasher twice as big on the left hand side of it…It’s easier to use and makes the unit more user friendly…

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I love the LP feature as well. When you are in a weedy or shallow situation the display is alot cleaner while still being able to see your jig. I’m looking forward to using the Bottomlock feature this summer since I’ll be using the flasher on my boat as well. While I’m bouncing on the waves my display wont be

Chris

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.