HEADS UP

• eyegetter

I was watching the news and the ICE is getting thin. There was a truck that was out driving a round at clear lake IA and fell throught. Heads up for the people that are going out on the ice. I was thinking of going tomarrow but now I have mixed feelings. I seen other truck driving out but be carful. Have to remember that we are not god, we will go through the water instead of walking on top. Just giving a heads up

herb
    6ft under

Thanks. I canceled a day trip to Rathbun tomorrow cause of bad ice reports. Can’t see driving 2.5 hours just to find out I couldn’t get on the ice.
    Was visiting with a guy on a levee break pond this afternoon, and there was only 4inches of ice here. He laid his auger on the ice and when he got ready to go home, the shaft was the only thing keeping the auger from melting through the rotten ice and going to the bottom. Very rotten here now.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

The truck that fell through the ice was at the tip of the island and he tried to drive over the rocks. This area has always been dangerous even in colder weather. I am assuming that this guy was not a local as the locals stay clear of this area for driving all winter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.