where are the fish? LAKE ONALASKA

• Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

honestly has anyone been catching any fish on lake Onalaska lately i have been trying every where in the area and haven’t caught a darn thing . ANY ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS IDA fisherman for any input

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Start with drilling a hole in the ice…..

Yeah, I know it was one of those smart[censored] comments, but it was just too easy.

I have no idea what’s going on with Lake Onalaska. Everything I’ve heard lends me to beleive it will be an “off” year.

John Luebker

I have went out a few times in the past weeks, and haven’t done that well either. on average though I manage to keep 5-6 gills and a couple decent crappies. and a nice perch as well. The bite has been really light with a lot of little (and I mean little) ones in the mix.

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

Where were you fishing?

John Luebker

Lake Onalaska

Just kidding – I have been mainly hanging out in front of red’s fishing the two chanels. I move holes alot looking for the aggressive ones with the vexilar

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

thanks . HAS anyone else been fishing the lake.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I gave up on the lake a long time ago for ice fishing…..just too inconsistant

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yep, that lake is great in the spring and really great in the fall. But come ice, it goes south in a hurry. Oh there are fish there, and you can catch some, but you will work for every one of them. Seems like first ice is good, but once it gets snow covered, then it becomes work. All I can tell you is keep fishing the deeper water and move around….alot

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

did anyone go to the tourney this weekend on the lake?

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Is anyone still ice fishing here? Looks like its going to be another nice weekend, would like to make my last trip on the ice for the year. What’s the hot bite on?

jfrank
    BARABOO,WI

last weekend.sunday..fishermans road……dinks…gills…fished 10am-1:30….snowing and had 100 miles to go home and figured nothing to stay for

mec
    West Salem,WI

Caught some real nice gills at blackdeers,but watch the ice,its gettin real thin in place’s.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

but watch the ice,its gettin real thin in place’s.

Yeah, I heard some guy fell thru on saturday on the north end.

mec
    West Salem,WI

I went to blackdeers Sun off the landing,and talked to 2 guys coming off.They were quitting because 2 guys had just fell in.I turned around and left.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.