St. Croix in Prescott

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I had two very large sturgeon on today in Prescott. I mean VERY large. Broke 14/6 Fireline like nothing! No sauger or walleye. Had lookers that would chase up to about 7 feet from the bottom, and retreat. I know of 4 sturgeon so far that made it through holes. The season is closed, so they must be returned to the water immediately. Man! Can they Pull!
    Tuck

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

With the 5 lb limit limit, who did you hand the pole to, Tuck?

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Tuck (or anyone),

Do you know if the Hasting ramp is open? With this warm weather, I’m thinking the Hasting dam area may be an option this weekend.

Thanks,

Boone

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

Good luck still pretty icy and nobody has plowed down to th water yet. I checked the ramp at prescott and the water is soft but nobody has put a boat in the water. Ramp could be open with about an hours worth of work. Good luck and let us know.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Nope, Not open.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Boone, the ice is giving way to water very quickly. I would bet today the whole river will open up. If you could get past the little bit of ice at the landing, you can make it to the dam.
    As far as the 5 pound limit, I screwed up on that one! Don’t tell my Doc!
    Tuck

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Thanks for the information guys. I planning to head to Everts Friday morning but maybe I’ll check out the Prescott ramp or Hasting ramp for Saturday.

Boone

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Looked like the ramp was open and the river up to the locks. Did’nt look like the lock side was open yet. Should be soon though.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Chris, you are having way too much fun. I take it the wife isn’t back from Mexico yet. Becarefull there Bud. I prefer seeing you on the river than in the hospital.
    Thanks, Bill

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Picked ‘er up last night from the airport!
    I am taking it easy, even working half days. Should be back full time in a week or so!
    Thanks for the concern!
    Tuck

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

On Thurs 2/3 the hastings ramp was not plowed, but we did get the boat in. Had to use some rocks to get down the 4″ drop into the river. No fish on Thursday. Friday the ramp was plowed and the ice by the damn moved down river a little, so we were able to motor around and ended up catching 12 walleye/sauger mix. Saturday the south wind pushed all the ice back to the damn. Some people would bust into the middle of it and jig. I tried around the north shore, then buzzed down to prescott. It was nice to go for a ride. I was in the boat lindy rigging, talking to someone fishing on the ice, not all that far from open water. Ended the day with no fish, but it felt good to be on the soft water again.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

What boat were you in? The Alumacraft with the Honda??

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

The Alumacraft sounds like Boone, the little Pool 3 hound that he is!
    Tuck

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was the Cliner parked in the middle of the ice. see the mississippi forum for pics!!

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I was in the white lund yamaha tiller. It isn’t my boat, so I didn’t do to much ice bashing, I played on the north side riprap, then moved around the front of the ice closer to the dam. Didn’t catch much and need to get back on the water to get boat control back. I ran down to prescott and was fishing under the bridges when you came down.
    I think I’m going to try the dam again and then head to pool 2 this weekend. Hopefully my buddy lets me take his boat again while he’s at work!!

Jami

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.