So.Center on Sat.

• chappy
    Hastings, MN

Warrior Riv and I are making the trip to So. Center on Sat. Anyone wanting to Join us can look for a Black Crew Cab GMC and a Greeninsh blue Ford 250 deisel ,both with toppers.Hopefully get into a couple crappies as we’re going to have the younguns along.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Numbers have been pretty good this year, but the size down. I’ll be out the next 2 days and let ya know whats up.

warriorrivy
    Hastings MN

Mike, With the weather warming up the next couple of days, it would be great if you could also let us know how the landings/drive-ons are. Both Chappy’s and my trucks are not the lightest things around! If there is a better spot to get on the lake Sat., please let us know. Thanks, in advance, for you help.
    Rivy

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I might be interested. I’m going somewhere Sat. I’ll check this post for more details on location and times.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Rivy,

Access was not an issue this morning. The one off 8 had more water as usuak than the one coming off Sunset point. I usually come of the point. It is better later in the season.

warriorrivy
    Hastings MN

Thanks Mike. Buy the way, how was the fishin’ or should I say, catchin’?
    Suzuki, We plan on,(as of this moment anyway!)leaving my house around 8:30. That would put us on the lake around 9:30 or 10:00. Probably going to stay till dark, or almost dark.I guess it will matter more on the youngsters we will be bringing.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I think I’ll make it. I PM’d Chappy for directions from landing and exactly which landing. His cell to so I can find you guys.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The catching was good. Lots of numbers, mostly 8″ fish. Starting to see a few fish coming through closer to the ice. Those are the ones I want!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m hoping to make it too. Haven’t seen you in a while Suzuki.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Fishing was sloww today in the deep water. We moved to the shallow stuff and caught a lot of gills and crappies. I’ll be set up around Pancake Is.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thanks Mike, Which landing would be better? We’ll be coming up CTY Rd. 15. How do I get to Sunset point landing? I know where the one off Hgy. 8 is. Sounds as If Susuki and Brian k will be there too. How hard would it be getting to Pancake Isl. from Hgy.8?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Sunset is much better. Go south at the DQ (25). Take a left on Glader. Take another left at the “T” and you will drive right on the lake. Deep to the left, shallow to the right.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thaniks ,See you tomorrow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.