GTG

• tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Went to the GTG today had a great time. The fishing was a little slow, but the weather was great. Can’t wait for the next one.It was fun meeting everyone.Hopefully see everyone on the IDA walleye tour this spring.

fish4blue
    Holmen, WI

i too had fun. fished a couple of hours, would reccommend it for everyone. next year let’s invite more fish to come and play.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Yes it was a fun day. And meeting all the new faces was a real pleasure. I agree about the fishing. It was pretty slow. But wrong time of the month. OOps ( full moon that is) Ann and I did catch a few keepers for her to take home. Hope to see ya all on the ice next GTG. A big THANKS to Dave and Herb for getting this all put together.
    And all the others that worked too at making this a fun day for all of us.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

A big thank you goes out to the folks that help put the GTG together. The fishing was slow, but, still a lot of fun and I got to put many names to faces. It was a pleasure being able to meet the following individuals for the first time: Herb, Ecnook, Big B, Little B, Gianni, BFD, Jeff Patrick, Losojos, John (sorry I can’t remember your last name ),Mossboss, Ryan Hale, fishing machine, Briank, and the many I talked to that I didn’t get there names. There was a very good turnout of people and all looked to be having a great time.

I think Blue and Crawford should go on the road with a comedy tour. These two guys together are a riot. And Crawford, thanks for playing that “Meany” song, I cannot get it out of my head

Also I would like to thank everybody who brought machines to shuttle people back and forth. That sure made it nice getting back and forth. It was a pretty good hike back to the fishing/GTG spot, and the machines were a godsend
    I will definitely be there next year and I hope everyone who missed it gets a chance to be there next year.

On idea for next year, nametags There were so many people that it was hard to meet everyone. But, if we wore name tags, we could at least see the name as they were mingling and we would be able to say, “Hey, there is so and so”, just a suggestion.

d00buck
    Colo, IA

Sounded like everyone had a good time, if not for work I may have tried to make it over! Is this normally held in the same general area every year?
    A.W.-A roll of duct tape and a permanent marker are invaluable for making nametags!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Fishing Machine, did you show them boys how to catch the fish again???

Sounds like it was fun. Wish I could have made it.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

A big thanks To MR koonce great time got to put some faces behind some names

jim-bailey
    Clinton County Iowa

My thanks to all who made the GTG possible. I met a bunch of people that I only had a log on to go by. The name tag idea will follow through next year, I’m sure. Hope to see a lot of you, during the soft water season. Thanks again to all. Jim

aaronr
    Dundee, Iowa

WOW, had a blast it was a really fun time, i loved meeting everyone who i talk to on here , i agree with name tags next year it would help out a lot.

thanks,

Aaron

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Well Derek put it this way. I’m not sure as to how many the other guys caught. But I had my holes with my name wrote on them. So they were reserved. Caught enough for my daughter to take back with her for herself and her friend to have a good meal. And my daughter Ann is a big fish eater. Threw back several and lost quite a few. So I had fun. More important was the part of mingling with all the the faces on the web. But come summer for the BSB GTG I won’t know them again without the name tags. We all look so different bundled up in the winter to wearing almost nothing in the summer. Already looking forward to the BSB GTG. See ya all.

Mary

kapnjim

Fishing was slow all up and down the Mississippi in pools 9 & 10 on Saturday. I didn’t make the GTG because I knew my five year old couldn’t (or wouldn’t) walk that far and I only had a short time to fish and knew the shuttle people would be busy. So I fished up river from you all and the fishing was SLOW. There were 20 plus fishers around me and about the only time I saw a hand go up was to tilt a beer. Oh well, that is why they call it fishing and not catching, hope to meet some of you maybe next year…jim

kapnjim

Question. Did the fish turn on a little after 3:00 pm? Thanks…jim

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

A little bit I did go hole hopping away from the people and pulled out a few Crappies between 3:30 and 4:30. Only had three keepers in that time though. Purple seamed to be the color of the day for me.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

What a great day!!! It was sure nice to meet a bunch of great people yesterday! Jake and I had a very fun time. He really enjoyed playing football with everyone. The first thing he told his mom when he got home was about the football! He was pretty wore out from all the fun.

I would like to thank everyone that organized the event excellent job! Dave K. my son really enjoyed talking with you down stairs Fri. night he thinks your a great guy. Ryan I appericate the invite to go I’m glad we did. Austin you are a fishing machine what a determined young man I wish Jake had your patients on the ice.

Looking foward to the next time Todd.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Yesterday’s GTG was a blast. It was good to see some old faces and meet new ones…

I never dropped a line in the water, but just had an awesome time shootin’ the w/everybody…The weather was good, the was cold, and the football was flying .

Thanks to Dave and James and everyone else that put the GTG on. Thanks to BrianK for not selling me the winning tickets.. and thanks MossBoss for driving me home!!

I can’t wait to fish with some of you guys, and anxiously await next year’s GTG.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Man, I wish I could remember what I did Friday night.

PS. All I know that Saturday morning at 5:00am I had one hell of a head ache.

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

It was a great time. I enjoyed meeting many people for the first time and enjoyed spending time with Panfish and Ryan . The fishing had a little to be desired , but the social time more than made up for that. My daughters sure enjoyed themselves and said they wont hold Dave responsible for the lack of fish ! Thanks to Brian K for selling me the winning ticket and Thanks to B Fishn Tackle for the Tackle assortment that I won . ( Its already put away for SOFT water ! )You guys did a great job with the gathering…………Jeff I wonder if there was something nasty in your cup Friday night that you were allergic to , Ive had those kind of headaches on Saturdays too !…….Again Thanks for everything , It was a blast.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Austin and I had a great time this week-end.It was nice to put the face with the name on the many members who attended the event.
    Todd B,another great trip for us dude even though we don’t ever catch fish together on the ice
    Trout,had blast having a few beers with you and look forward to many more in the future.
    Dave K.,nice to see you again and thanks for all the work you put into the event.
    Blue Fleck,had fun talking with you.Also great work on the IDA signs,they looked great.
    James,DeeZee,Herb,Brian K,Dustin,Big and Little,Jeff Patrick,Slop B,and to the many others I met for the first time.You guys are all great people who make the site what it is.
    Panfish,this is what a fish looks like.Do you remember??
    Ryan Hale

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

It’s been so long I’m glad AUSTIN showed me what one looks like!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

troutsrus ? Did you switch tickets with Slop Bass? I thought I sold him the red tickets…every ticket that won was red!

Ryan, please tell Wade that it’s ok to come, I’m not as deranged as I appear on the net…he’ll be safe…heck, I even saved Jake from getting a magic marker mustach…sort of

It was a very good event…although my little nap Saturday night turned out to be “lights out” for Briank. (might have been a good thing!)

What did you guys and girls think about the Onion Sous Putz? I saw fisherman from a mile away coming for brats with the great smell of those onions and green peppers!

Looking forward to next year!

troutsrus
    Lytton Iowa

I got red tickets too !!!!………I still got some left , Ill send those other 5 back to Slop so he dont feel bad. I can relate to the Saturday nap too , went over and had a couple with Ryan (Old Mil ?) and Todd and decided to have a shower before I headed downstairs ,but never quite got past the edge of the bed …. Again Thanks for the fun time.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I think we need to have it in a smaller town with a few less bars. Buckshot has decided to take my reservation at Hazelden. (Spin Dry) I think it’s a good Idea buddy. We had a great time meeting some and wish we could have met more. Thanks Dave ,I had a great time.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I took a nap also Saturday but did manage to get up and make it to dinner with the guys. Chappy you know that good lookining waitress that was serving you guys Saturday night. Well let me tell you. I know none of you guys didn’t end up with her. I was on my way home around 2:30am and stop in at kiwk trip for coffee and there she was. She open the door of the car and went right on her face . I couldn’t believe my eye, she was so drunk . She got up from the ground and went in to buy cigs. Then I went in there to get my coffee and listen to her and her friend BS while I got my coffee and then she notice me and must have remember seeing me that night and she got kind of quiet and made a b-line back to the car. You could tell she was real embarrassed. The guy she was with was just a young kid. That big female bartender was with her and another guy which sat in the back of the car just laughing all the time. Then when I left I was driving past a little dinner down the street and there was a girl out there by the door lossing her night fuel . They sure must now how to party there. I just wish I didn’t have to go to bed so early Saturday night so I could have party more also. When I left the hotel at 2:15am I don’t think Blue/James and who else was in that room, ah can’t remember(Jeremy I think) , but there door was open a little, and I think some of them guys were still party some where. I must of missed out on a good night Saturday.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Nobody was trying to pick her up, We were just having a great time. Some of us saw her Sat. night too and she was wasted then!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Why not, is everyone married?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Nobody was single! Although if i was………. I probably still would have been home early, I’m old and those hot chicks are almost young enough to be my daughters!
    Now I know how all my older freinds feel when we go out, Usually I’m one of the youngest. Sat. night Iwas the oldest!!

herb
    6ft under

It was astonishing how well behaved everyone was this weekend. Nobody drank too much, nobody stayed out late, good, clean jokes told.
    You all make me proud.
    Has anyone seen Jake yet? Sorry I didn’t have money for his bail. He ain’t no whippersnapper no more.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

James was trying to corrupt him at the hotel. He was a very well behaved kid! Although he’s blind as a bat!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jake is waiting for the judge this morning. Once he’s out he said he’s heading to Wallmart to buy a pair of pants like Buckshots. Whatever that means.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Quote:

Jake is waiting for the judge this morning. Once he’s out he said he’s heading to Wallmart to buy a pair of pants like Buckshots. Whatever that means.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.