Falling through the ice. How to survive.

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

Pretty dang interesting, I found this on another site, just cruising the Internet, I learned a few things, maybe someone else can/will, hopefully, I’ll never have to use anything like this. Ice is never safe.

http://www.exn.ca/video/?Video=exn20020325-icewater.asx

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

This is very good and needs to be brought back up to the front page. Please be carefull on the ice.
    Thanks, Bill

col._klink
    St Paul

Tried to view the link but it does not work for me

Is it the right link?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Just tried it and it worked for me. In the upper left corner there is a woman talking and she is telling alittle about it for maybe 1 minute most and then the video comes on.
    Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I couldn’t get it to play for me either…but I have a Mac…

Last year there were two vidios from the Discovery Channel, both done by a fellow that went by Dr Freeze…I think.

One where he was sking across the lake and went in on purpose, the other where two went in on snowmobils. I believe there were testing a regular snow suit over one of the new pfd type snow suits…

It was very good. If anyone can find them…they should be posted in the general forums too.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I am pretty sure this is the same video you are thinking of Brian. The Dr. is nuts for doing what he does on PURPOSE

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

This is the one where he is sking and goes in on purpose.
    Thanks, Bill

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Thank you, I deffinently learned some stuff I hope I never have to use. All ice fisherman should see this, might save some lives.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Nice bump guys, I was going to go and try to find this again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.