CEDAR RIVER

• eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

FISHED FROM 2:00 TO 5:00 ON SOME BACK WATER TODAY. ICED 19 CRAPPIES AND ONE GILL. SPECKS WERE ALL 10″ AND THE GILL WAS 8″. CHARTRUSE AND BLACK W/ GULP MAGGOT DID THE TRICK. NO TENT NEEDED TODAY WILL RETURN THERE THURS. NITE FOR MORE

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Eyetracker are you down by Wloo on the cedar?

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

YEH,I WAS IN CEDAR FALLS, COTTAGE ROW AREA OF SNAG CREEK. GREAT WARM-UP FOR THE GTG I DECIDED TO TRY TO PICKLE THESE FISH I HOPE IT TURNS OUT

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Anyone fish the backwaters in the Vinton or Palo area? Anyone who fishes them willing to fess up to any hotspots?

Regards,

Joe Jiacinto

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

I PERSONALLY HAVE NOT. HOWEVER I DRIVE OVER THEM AREAS WHEN WORKING AND ALWAYS SEE SOMEONE ON A BUCKET. I WORK IN CR ALMOST EVERY DAY, AND HAVE ASKED AROUND, BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT TO COUGH UP ANY INFO

kornking
    Mount Vernon, Iowa

Maybe this weekend, I’ll go do some exploring in the Palo and Vinton areas. I need a change of scenery from lake Macbride…

Regards,

Joe

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Joe, I know that quite a few guys fish the cedar backwaters at Dudgeon lake in Vinton, sometimes w/ some pretty good success on the crappies and gills, it’s also a good place to get a pike, bass, maybe even a catfish thrown in there. Haven’t been there myself in years but we always just looked for structure and went from there.

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

DOES NO ONE FISH THE BIG POND ANY MORE (coralville)? THERE MUST BE BIG CRAPPIE IN THERE IF THE REGIONAL TOURNY WAS HELD THERE. NEVER HIT IT ON THE ICE BEFORE, ONLY HAVE FISHED THE SPILLWAY. YOU WOULD THINK WITH THAT MUCH WATER THERES ROOM FOR BIG PANFISH

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’ve never fished in through the ice before. Last summer I was there a total of once, and the tiny white bass were so thick you couldn’t drag a jig through without having 10 hits on the way back to the boat. Unforunately, these fish were too small to get their mouth around a 1/32 roung jig with a 1″ twister on it.

A couple years ago guys were talking about 200 fish days for big crappies, but I never found ’em. I can’t imagine that kind of population can sustain if it’s competing with the up-and-coming white bass, but I’m no expert.

ducky
    Waterloo, Iowa

Eyetracker, were you by the bridge into cottage row or up farther or were you in onr of the ponds back there? Shoot me an email if you want to go fishin some time.
    Ducky

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.