vexilar or aqua view?

• Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

i am really looking to purchase one of these for ice fishing either the fl-8 or the new ice fising downview aqua vu but i don’t know which would be better for the money?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

i am really looking to purchase one of these for ice fishing either the fl-8 or the new ice fising downview aqua vu but i don’t know which would be better for the money?

Actually you are going to want to get an FL 18 first.
    Spend the extra hundred bucks it’s a nobrainer the FL 18’s auto zoom is awesome it splits the screen one half is your normal FL 8 and the other half is the bottom 6 feet of your cone with 1 inch target seperation that is amazing, a brighter display for better outside veiwing and the bottom lock feature the FL 18 is the way to go.
    You add your camera down the road The Aquaview scout for $200 is a great deal.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Either a Vex or a Marcum. Check out the want ads and pick up one of Scott Steil’s Marcums. As good or better than the Vex.(And a really good price too!)

scottsteil
    Central MN

As chappy says, you can get the top of the line MarCum LX-3 for what you would pay for a Fl-8 almost. A flasher is a must, a camera is a nice option.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I would highly recomend a marcum, just purchased one not a lx-3 but a lx-1,I fished with 3 or 4 times already and caught a couple walleyes that i would of never even known were there with a camera,i was fishing 25 fow when i started marking a fish at 15 fow reeled up to him and wham got’em,what sold me on the marcum was how quite they are the vexilar in my permenant shack drove me crazy,were the marcum you can hardly hear,i’m not at one bit bashing vexilar because they are two nice pieces of equipment,definenlty buy a flasher first.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

I second(or third) the Marcum. Definitely go with a flasher first you can always use it….if it is dark out or the water is really murky a camera doesn’t do much if any good. If Scott has some I would go through him.
    JB

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Actually you are going to want to get an FL 18 first.

Or a Marcum Lx3 which sounds like a better bang for the buck….

Weasel
    WI,Onalaska

thanks guys i got a fl-8se pro pack and man is it awesome it really makes a difference when it comes to catching fish.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.