Clear Lake 1/23

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Not a bad day for the walleye bite but bad for the yellows. Caught 9 walleyes, 7 short fish in the 12 – 13.5 range a 2 eaters in the 16 – 17 inch range. They only bit for me from 6:00am to 7:30am and then after 8:00am I didn’t even see a fish on the vex. Any one else fish today?

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Fished Brushy this mourning for a few hrs. Got to the lake about 5:00 and fished till 9:00. I only marked 3 fish all mourning and the only one that was caught was a 19 inch eye.

Pretty slow Todd.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Brushy has went down hill for me after my 1st outing there this year. Even the gills don’t seem as good this year. I think the snow cover realy kills the bite at Brushy. What do you think.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

I think a person needs to move away from the crowded north end and try different spots.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

You might be right, but lately I think its just been dead. The last time I went there wich was a little over a weak ago I fished the south end of the lake by the island. Got a tip thats where the perch bite. Didn’t even see a fish. Maybe they move in later in the year. I have done very good on gills in the bay at the west ramp, but never catch any crappies there at all. I guess it is just going to take time and a lot of trips to get this lake figured out. It is probably good that Brushy doesn’t give up fish like three mile used to, or it would probably end up the same way. I know they are in there, because I’ve caught them in the spring. It will probably be a couple of weaks befor I make it back down that way again.

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

I was fishing in 45 FOW the two fish showed up about 8:00am on the locator. They started heading down I jigged the buckshot a few times and one came up and hit it. When they first showed up on the screen they were about 34 feet down. i have never caught a walleye on a whole minnow at Brushy ALWAYS just a head.

I put in on the north ramp and drove my wheeler south about a 3/4 of a mile along the east shore in the channel. I have done pretty good there in open water casting cranks.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I havn’t done alot off walleye fishing there. Mostly because I’m not much of a lake fisherman when it comes to walleyes. I pretty much stick to the river for my walleyes. What time of year are you fishing Brushy. Is walleye time on the lake the same time as it is on the river. I plan on doing some exprimenting there this year in open water.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.