La Crosse area reports

• jld
    Holmen

Fished the gravel pit behind Gundersen Sunday and brought home a dozen nice gills. I got a Vexilar camera for Christmas (finally the wife comes through) and what a great toy, not to mention it helps catch fish nicely. Viewed several nice bass and one dandy northern but no takers on the tip ups. I have been fishing Lake Onalaska for few of the past weekends but not a lot of fish; mainly little ones. I never have done that great here. Nice to be back on the board. Between starting a new job and computer issues I haven’t been on a lot. Lets hear what’s going on out there in the La Crosse area.

fishfan
    Holmen, WI

How much ice did you have at the pit?

jld
    Holmen

I would say there is at least 9-10″‘s of ice. Fished there today and the bite was slow but I managed to bring home ten nice ‘gills. Saw several bass and one nice pike attacked my camera Need to put some tip-ups next time.

jld
    Holmen

Can anyone give me an ice report for Dresbach? Thanks

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Blue and I fished it Friday and there was pretty good ice. The only problem with the ice was it was all buckled and then refroze maiking it kind of a pain to find a place to drill. I would say there was a good 5 inches if not more.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.