Anything on Winnie ??

• BeadHead
    Minnesota City, MN

Has anyone been up to Winnie lately? What are the ice / snow conditions? I heard the pressure ridge is starting to form. How has the Perch fishing been?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hello Bead Head and Welcome to the IDA!!!!

Scroll down to the Minnesota icon, click on it, then scroll down to the Winni icon and click there. You may find some info there or post there and you may get a good respose.

Again welcome!!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

It has been tough getting around for the most part. The perch that are biting have been deeper as of late, 30-32ft. There has been some walleye bite on the North end humps but shallow 20-22ft flats have been producing also.

Again, getting around on the ice is the biggest issues. I personally haven’t been on the lake much this year. That will change in Febrauary though.

blackduck
    SE Minnesota

We were up the 14th-17th. Fishing was tough to say the least, but what can you expect when it’s 25-40 below zero when you wake up. The highest temp we saw was 15 below for the whole weekend and the sun was out all weekend. Getting around the lake is a task to say the least. At least 15″ of snow on the ice and it is wind blown and hard. We had to stick to the road, and our shack. We had Vexilars and Aqua Views and were marking fish, but very few takers. Maybe if we could haved moved we could have found some active fish. We brought home 12 12″-13″ perch for 3 days of fishing (4 guys). I would be willing to bet that with this warm up they were on a good bite today. Great time still had by all.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.