New Lazer 4 blade auger ?

• joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Will someone that ownes or has used the new 4 blade lazer gas auger give me some feed back. I am considering purchasing this auger but am a little sceptical because the 3 blade was such a piece of junk. Also I am considering the 2hp 9in jiffy with ice armour. Can anyone confirm the rumor that Strikemaster has a 2 blade 9 in auger next year, if this is true I will wait till next year,that 9 in hole is just right.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I am on Strikemasters Pro Staff and I am not going to comment on what is coming out next year, because I do not know FOR SURE.

As for the 4 blade 224. The 10 inch augers did no cut. When they got machined, they were slightly off, so they snag on the bottom of the hole. This was a big dissapointment.

However, the 8 inch 4 blades cuts like a hot knife thru butter……it is an amazing auger. I would imagine I have cut almost 1000 holes with it this winter. The main thing you have to remember is not to push on the auger. It bites plenty hard itself.

I really like the 4 blade design. I am pretty picky when it comes to ice equipment, and I was very dissapointed in the 10 inch. However, that 8 inch 4 blade is a winner

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Scott,thanks for being honest about the 10″ model.Will Strikemaster pull the 10″ from the floors until they figure out the problem?
    Ryan Hale

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I began this year with the 10″ 224….man was I mad. Brought it back to Cabelas and they said that they hadn’t had any complaints with it….RIGHT….. I then exchanged it for the 8″ 224 and man I am happy! This thing is fast, relatively quiet and like Scott said — butter As far as starting, the Tecumseh starts on 1-3 pulls most of the time. Since the 10″ is the same price as the Ultra Mag (and they iron out the design problem), I would recommend the 224. The 8″ is even cheaper. The 224 is able to drill a hole at a 45 degree angle as well which allows an angler to “beach” a large fish instead of pulling it straight up a vertical hole.

Chris

scottsteil
    Central MN

I have not seen any stores selling the 224 in 10 inch anymore. They caught the problem pretty early in the season and I think most were returned to Strikemaster. If you see one sitting on the shelf, that may tell you something about the store…they are not well informed.

I take pride in not recommending something that does not work and I will not get on Staff with someone I don’t TOTALLY believe in. In most cases I have tried the product for years before I get on board with a company. Reputation is all we have in this business!

gregory
    Red wing,mn

If you buy a ten 224 call strikemaster and they will send you a new set of blades actually two sets,they said all that was wrong with them was the supplier of the blades,so they said new blades solves the cutting issue..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.