Ice Fishing Pool Four

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Anyone been out ice fishing pool four. I was thinking of getting out one of these days after some ice eyes and thought that may be a good bet maybe Stockholm area, or Pepin? Common guys give me a clue. Thanks Steve

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

Steve from what I have heard is they have been getting a fair number of walleyes down near Maple Springs and Kings Koolie Pier. but don’t hold me to it that is what the gentleman and his wife told me as they were coming off the lake all though I did see some nice fish sticking out of there buckets looked to me as a limit of 18-20″ fish.
    Good luck if you go out and if you need a partner let me know.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Thanks for the clues Nate. I was thinking tomorrow afternoon for a few hours and again maybe next weekend. Any idea how thick the ice is? Steve

TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

This must be the activity I’ve observed near the Maple Springs area on my way down to Kellog the last couple of weeks.I thought about stopping on Sunday but,panfish equipment was all I had with me and I kind of thought it was a walleye thing they were doing there.I might just have to throw some heavier gear in the truck and give that a try next time.As I am not familiar with that part of Pepin,any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

nubbinbuck

Do they get any pike out of the Maple Springs area during the winter? I’m not familiar with the parking – do you park off the road in that area?

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I don’t think so,i have heard mostly of eyes and saugers,and aslo some cats.don’t hold me to it. but not saying there not there..

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Do you know if they ever get any white bass thru the ice down there?

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

white bass are winter sheep head (or at least you cacthen like it ) if that answers your question

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Not really. I’ve never caught them thru the ice but think it would be a hoot! I was thinking it would be fun for the kids to catch, too. I’m not big on keeping fish (you have to clean them and not many in my family eat them). So I’m out to catch and release. Any help on where to go on pool 4 to catch the whities-sheepeies? Thanx

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Ken,

we can go to the Hog Hole on P2 and probably catch a bunch of whities.

You got a jon boat to motor up there????

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

But do you have a spot to go catch these whities?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.