Dresbach update

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

This morning and afternoon there were people fishing the dam. There were quite a few shacks around the long wall as well as people fishing on the other side of the river. It appears to be freezing very nice with this weather

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

My fishing came to an abrupt stop with a 103 temp. Just what is the thickness of the ice out there? I’d be real comfortable if it was about 4 Feet. But are the fish biting?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

No clue as far as the thickness or the bite. We are planning on fishing in a few days and then we will get a better idea

muskybuck
    Coon Rapids, MN

Any late breaking news on Dresbach???

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

One guy was braving the elements when I went home around 3pm last night. There is walkable ice at the short wall and a number of guys have been walking across. For the most part, I beleive the bite has been slow.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Hey muskybuck, welcome to the “other” more friendly website I am hoping to test the water at Dresbach real soon. Hopefully by Friday I can get over there

lalnx
    New Albin, Ia Pool 9 Minnesota Slough

I’ve got a question. These Guys fishing below the dam through the ice, what do you use? Is it the same as open water late season? Hair jigs, plastics, jig and minnow how about jiggin’ raps? I ask beacause I have a back water hole I would like to try that should be holding sauger and a few eye. Also the way I understand it Iowa regs allow for 3 tip ups and 2 poles @ one time so how would a guy rig tip ups for walleye, jig and minnow?

thanks in advance.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

When I fish down there, I use jigging raps almost exclusively. There are people that use jig & minnow, sonars, & hair jigs. They all have their place, and at one time or another, they will catch fish. As for a recommendation, stick with what you are confident in using.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The ice fishing at the dam has come to an end. At least anywhere near the short wall. Saturday night the west end roller was lifted and it won’t take too long to blow out the remaining ice.

I’ve heard a few stories of people falling through up there. In one instance, the guy was lucky to get back out.

The CO’s are out in full force too. Apparently there were numerous tickets being written at the landing. Not good. Remember a snagged fish must go back into the water.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.