RED LAKE 1/7/05

• JohnEngler

My wife and I ventured to Red Lake last weekend to try our luck on some slabs. We stayed with Alpine Fish House Rentals (more on them later). We arrived at 2pm and were catching slabs by 3pm. We had our limit in 2 1/2 hours. Nothing huge, all ranging from 11 1/2″ to 13 1/2″, but some great action.

We met some friends on Red and they did well also. At the end of the weekend, we had 44 slabs, 10-12 walleyes, and 8-10 perch. All in all a great weekend.

As for the lodging, I can’t say enough for Alpine fish house rentals. Jerome and Diane Smischney run a top notch service with all brand new houses. We were told that we would be on fish, but I’ve heard that before. It took less than an hour for the first slab and it was steady action. This was my wife’s first trip to Red, and now she’s totally spoiled.

jeremy2323

Hello, just wondering how much it costs to rent a house for a weekend??? I may want to do that it sounds like some real fun , also how big were the Eyes??? Well sounds like you had fun.

Thanks

JohnEngler

The cost for the sleeper was $40.00 per person with a $100.00 minimum. Each house sleeps 3 people. The eyes ranged from 8″ to 21″. My wife had 3-21″ers.

It’s a great time! Give Jerome and Diane a call.

jeremy2323

is that 40 a day or just a night?? you got a # i can call

Thanks

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Here is my son Ben Tuckner with a URL crappie he recently caught.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Tuck, How was the fishing? I’m heading that way next week. Winnie Thursday morning, Red Lake Thursday night, LOTW Friday and Winnie again Saturday morning. Where did you fish out of? I have a shack rented with Kelly P. Thanks.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I was in the hospital recovering from surgery when he went two weeks ago. The bite is during the day this year, and not much after dark. 3:1 walleye to crappie is what I have been hearing!
    Good luck!
    Tuck

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I just came back yesterday afternoon from helping a pal move his sleepers, we dropped a line at 8 thursday night and strated catching fish, nothing great but a decent bite, most reports have been less than decent, I was out of west winds. If you havent fished with kelly p before you wont be disappointed, I personally havent fished with him but i have heard plenty of good about him and his services provided. Good luck.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.