Clear Lake Ia Jan 10

• JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Spent 3hr on lake this afternoon searching the yellow bass.After a stop at Lakesport shop I was optimistic as there was decent fishing most of the weekend.That was not the case for me today 4 yellows 1 silver 5 short walleye just enough action to keep me interested and try my new jigging pole. I fished the farmers beach area along with about 20 other anglers. The one angler I talked to had about the same succes as me. The best bite was from 3.30 to 4.30 then died which is not typical of this lake ussually the best is the last hour but not today. Hopefully I will make it out again soon and have something worthy of some pictures. The ice was around 15in where I was today.

bnm

I have talked to two different groups of guy from my home town that fish clear lake and they told me that they were getting there limit of walleyes and some yellow bass. I will be over there on friday and I will get back to you.

bnm

last Friday we did all right on clear lake. Caught about 25 yellow bass and 5 walleyes. only one walleye was big enougth to keep, taping out at 18”. The yellow started at one in the afternoon and we quiet about six. All the fish that we caught were at farmer beach along with other 20 houses. In my opinion in the long run, the fish will be moving over by the island.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I went to farmers beach today 1 short walleye I agree I think thursday I am going to the island area. Still some fish being caught at farmers but use got to be in right area at the right time so far I don,t have that luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.