Winona Spillway?

• VikeFan

Has anyone had any luck out at the PI spillway in Winona? I am going to check the ice there tomorrow afternoon, but normally the ice there is good right after the ice at Bartlett Lake is thick enough to walk on. I have had my fill of bluegill action, so I want to get after some walleye, sauger, and crappie.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

There were a handfull of guys out there Friday afternoon. Also a few more that must have walked across to Blackbird.

Didn’t stop to see if they were doing anything

VikeFan

I droveout there this afternoon–there were two guys out by the tip of the island, and it looked like at least one sled kept on going to Blackbird Slough. I think I will go out and try there tomorrow afternoon.

Art

Have been fishing above spillway.I believe it is McNallys landing. First landing above spillway. We did real well on big sunnies there up until yesterday. Didn’t hammer them but would catch 6 to 8 nice ones along with some dinks in 4-6 hours fishing. We had some of the biggest sunnies I’ve caught in a long time. Was dead yesterday so went below spillway and talked to a couple guys who had been there most of the day. They had some decent crappies and a few small saugs. Both said it was slow yesterday compared to Sat. Let us know how you do there. Won’t be able to get out till end of week, but thats where I’m planning on going.
    Good luck
    Art

VikeFan

Art,

I saw some guys out with an ATV above the Spillway this afternoon–wonder what they found there? I fished below the Spillway this afternoon, but didn’t catch anything, although I did mark some fish. Another guy out there did catch a few small crappie.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.