Friday Jan 28th Prefishing the IDA ICE GTG

• Brian Lyons

Myself,BFD and little B will be there Fri. nite

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Will an Iowa license be legal for where we’re fishing on Saturday?

krisko
    Durand, WI

License what do you need that for??? You don’t need it to operate anything on the ice and you don’t really think any fishing is gonna take place Everyone told me to leave my poles at home

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Iowa license will be fine !!

legal too !!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I’ll be there about Friday noon but will have to pick up a 3 or 5 day license before fishing. Where is a good place to get one?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Right before you get into town there is a Cabelas…That will work !!

jim-bailey
    Clinton County Iowa

I’ll be there also. Save me a chair Dave.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

You got it Buddy

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

It doesn’t look like WI offers a 24 hour license , only a 4 day for $18. Sounds like a 24 hour Iowa license for $9 is a better option. More money for me!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That’s what we found last year… the IA license is a much better deal.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

If I prefish on Friday, and fish again on Sat, the 24 hour lisence wouldn’t work. Or would it? Hate to get nailed at the GTG. Never hear the end of it.

kapnjim

Dave, I sure hope I can get over there, it sure sounds like a good time! My wife just told me her work Christmas party is on that Saturday, so I am hoping I can make either the Friday prefish or the Saturday get-together. I do have some questions though:

Do people park on the ice at either of the Ambrough landings if the parking gets full? I have a snowmobile and thought if I could pull on the ice to unload it would be better than getting parked in or having to back up a long distance with a trailer.

How is the ice? I drove down there the other day and I did see wetness on top in places, but I am guessing that did NOT mean bad ice anywhere?

How far from the parking area do you think we will be fishing on Saturday? Maybe I do not need my snowmobile?

Thanks!! – jim

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

You guys could have lall sorts of snow if PDC gets the predicted snow coming this weekend!!! Have fun and tell Eddie I said hi. I used to stop there and have a burger on my way to school in the late 70’s. There I just aged myself didn’t I!!!

Mark

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Ryan Hale and I are going to try and make it Friday. It depends on if Ryan has friday off or not. Will will make the evening bite if he does if not will see you all Sat.

Leave a few cold ones for us less fortunate folks!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Todd,have to work Friday-sorry.I’ll be to your place around 7-8:00 p.m. Friday night.
    Ryan Hale

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Sounds good will head out bright and early Sat. mourning!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have space reserved for Friday the 28th at Eddies Irish Pub for around 6pm….If your there just ask for the Koonce table…

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Dave I’ll be there at 6:00. Should be in town around 1:00 then heading to never been to Cabela’s then to check in at the hotel. Might check out the gambling boat also if time before 6:00.

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.