Friday Jan 28th Prefishing the IDA ICE GTG

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I will be in the Ambro Slough area on Friday Morning the 28th of January….give my cell a call 608-412-0170 and we will meet up on the ice to start the day….and then we will have a burger and a beer at Eddies Irish Pub on South Marquette Road in PdC at around 6pm…

See you all then !!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

We won’t make it to pre-fish but i’m gonna drive like hell to make it to the pub! Sweet Daddy!!!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Chappy,

when you come into town go thru two sets of stop lights and when you see a ball park on your right(across the RR tracks) the pub will be shortly on your left !!

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Hey feela’s I”M BACK I’ll be seeing all of you at the GTG on the 29th. Maybe even for the prefish. I haven’t croaked as many of you may have thought I did being I haven’t been on. Had trouble with my computer. Finally gave in and got a new one. [censored] happens you know

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

GTG Beer run?

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Hey Putz, That beer sounds darned good to me right now.

herb
    6ft under

lush!

Brian Lyons

Shame on you Herb
    See you on the 28th!……B

herb
    6ft under

I know but I just couldn’t resist, and I doubt anyone else would have taken the shot.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Just you wait Herb. Your day and time is coming. Had any lines cut on your poles lately

herb
    6ft under

I’m so well behaved I never really worried about it.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

How many will make the Friday Night gig ? I might just reserve our own table area

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll be there!!

herb
    6ft under

Are you talking about that Irish Pub? Do they serve greasy food and beverages made with barley? If so, I suppose I can be there.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Where Herb goes I go. OOPS and then maybe not

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Are there going to be any wives or girl friends there for the prefish and GTG on Fri. nite?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Debbie will be there Mary

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Jen and I will be there . I am going to try an make it there between 6:30pm and 7:30pm.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Dave,

What is the best route to come down? I’ll be leaving directly from work that day most likely. I work in the NW corner of the cities. I’m wondering if it’s quicker to stay on 35 then cut across or come down through Red Wing?

Thanks!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I think the fastest route would be to take 52 south to Rochester, then get on I-90 east and take that to the La Crescent exit. Take the La Crescent and follow Highway 16 south to Lansing. Take the Lansing bridge acros to the WI side of the river and head south. Staying on the MN side avoids many smaller towns with less traffic. IMHO

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I will second Blue’s directions. Staying on the MN side cuts out a lot of traffic and slowind down in every little town, plus the scenery is better

kooty
    Keymaster

Plus, all the packer fans I made fun of won’t be gunning for me on the road.

Looks to be a pretty good jaunt down there, but if there is beer involved, I may be able to make it!!

You guys got any snow down there. Thinking of bringing the sled along.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

We might have more snow by then. Right now we have about 3-4 inches in La Crosse I think Prairie du Chien has more though. Not too sure.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Chappy and I will be there Fri night. Probably not for the fishing but definitely Fri night for the bar.

How far from where we park the trucks are we going to be fishing on Sat???
    How much snow is down there?? Is there enough to bring a snowmobile for transporation too and from the parking area??

Thanks
    John

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If we are fishing where we did last year, it’s not that far of a walk.

I walked it last year after James blew up Herbies scratcher boat….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Blew it up? Oh cummon now. The clutch pack took a poo. Not my fault, I swear it was not my fault.

I find it necessary to clear that up. I’m holding out hope that Kooty will bring his sled and be foolish enough to let me take it for a spin.

krisko
    Durand, WI

You know it is amazing I usually have a list of what to bring…to go to this I have a list of what not to…So now I have to leave my snowmobile at home and ski rope??? Way to ruin it James

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

You know it is amazing I usually have a list of what to bring…to go to this I have a list of what not to…

To clear the air, it was not James’ fault the motor blew up. He just happened to be the one operating it.

I CANNOT WAIT for the end of the month. This GTG should be an absolute blast!!! If you are debating whether or not to attend, don’t hesitate to make the trip.

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Blew it up? Oh cummon now. The clutch pack took a poo. Not my fault, I swear it was not my fault.

I find it necessary to clear that up. I’m holding out hope that Kooty will bring his sled and be foolish enough to let me take it for a spin.

Foolish is easy for me buddy. I wake up that way each morning. However in the best interest of IDA, I will have to decline your requests to “take her for a spin”. I would be hated by all if you somehow managed to maim yourself and were not be able to keep the site functioning. I can just see it now, kill kooty, kill kooty.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup. Likely in IDA’s best interest to keep my feet on the ground and my average speed under 10 MPH or so during the course of the GTG. To this point I’ve been lucky.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.