Frabill Ultra-Lite Portable….

• John Luebker

Fellas I need your help again. I am looking for a one man shack, I have been strongly considering getting a clam pro, (tad bigger than a scout) but can I justify spending so much $$ ($279) when I can get a Frabill and Farm and fleet for $129.99. Is there something I am missing? Are Frabill a long lasting shack or am I going to have to replace it ever 2 years? Does anyone have one? Is there a different 1-man I should be considering? Any anwsers would be great…

Thanks in advance

davec
    St. Paul MN.

JohnL, I think the small Frabil is to small for a hole and heater?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The Frabil shacks are a good choice. I have 2 buddies that have them, one has a 1 man and the other has a big XLT Twin. The fabric on them is very good and really produces and holds heat very well. I am sure the 1-man has enough room for a hole and a heater, plus the vex. It all comes down to strategic placement of equipment . With your buddy heater, you can put it in the sled leaving the front open for the hole(s) and vex. Frabil is a quality shack for a lower price than the Fish Traps and Otters. My .02

lalnx
    New Albin, Ia Pool 9 Minnesota Slough

I’m using my dads old (guessing right around 20yrs old) frabil hidout. It still is holding out, zipper can be trouble from time to time, and it’s getting a little frayed along the bottom corners but hey, 20 yrs. I have always loved how it soaks up the sun, 15 deg outside, and just a t-shirt on while fishing. (and pants of course for those of you who will read this and have to comment ) Of course it doesn’t get as warm as it used to do to some fading, it is more of a dark brown/black now. Good luck, and my next tent might also be a Frabill, that is when this one wears out.

John Luebker

Well I purchased a one man shack. And all I can say is man am I happy with it. I got an eskimo, one man at fleet farm. They were on sale so if you are looking for one it is nice. They have plenty of room. I am 6’2″ 300 lbs and I have plenty of room in one. I alo have room in front of me for my vex and my Mr heater. If you are looking fleet farm as them in store for under 200 dollars, but there wasn’t very many left…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.