Nutbush-Lauderdale Bay

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Well,

We ventured to a new fishing hole today…hit up the Bay back by Nutbush. WE CAUGHT FISH ALL DAY LONG!!! From @ 7:30 this morning until 3p.m….We had fish on every drop. I’m not joking one bit, I bet we caught anywhere between 150-200+ fish today.

We were fishing in 16 feet of water, and the vex was showing fish from the bottom, up to @10 ft. Most of the suspended fish were crappies, but they were all tiny, nothing much going. We were getting the 8″+ Gills right on the bottom…

Watson and I both filled a limit, and then his buddy Tony met up w/us an limited out in an hour and a half.

All I can say was it was an awesome day..!! We were hootin’ and hollerin’ and having a good time…and I think the other people around us were struggling, because we hadn’t even left the ice yet and they had moved to the holes we were sitting on…

Here’s a Mess of eater’ gills!!

herb
    6ft under

Just not fair. I’m happy for ya, but it’s just not fair.
    maybe next week.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Dang, thats a nice mess of gills. So where were you fishing, or if you told me you would have to ?

jfrank
    BARABOO,WI

how do I locate this area? unfamilar…also in your post it says “attachment 16 downloads” or whatever…I only can open 1 pic….is that correct or how do I open all? thanks

herb
    6ft under

Me thinks the #16 refers to the number of people that have viewed the post.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup. That represents the number of people that have viewed the post and related photo since it was added.

Quote:

Me thinks the #16 refers to the number of people that have viewed the post.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Jim..

Do you know where Nutbush Bar is in Onalaska? Take a left away from the bar and head down a few blocks..there is a bay off to the right…That’s where we were..PM me if you want.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I can’t remember the last time ice fishing was this good. It also helps that I got out of my routine of going to the lake and not getting real good results. Trying new areas can and does payoff. It was just one of those days where all the stars and the moon lined up just right and we had a field day . I used so many different jigs and they all worked. I used Lil’ Mics, forage minnows, rockers, black moons, and a variety of teardrops. For me the bigger fish came from the bigger baits such as the forage minnow in the perch pattern. I had just as good of luck with Chena bait as I did with waxies. The Chena bait was a little better because I didn’t have to worry about the fish taking the bait as easily as the waxies. Slop took me to school on catching the bigger fish I must have caught 20-30 little crappie while Slop was 2 feet over and never caught a single crappie all day.

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Didn’t take you guys long to find that hot spot. Do you guys ever work?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Nope. I am laid off till Spring . It’s a good thing for the fish that I will be CPR’ing for awhile now.

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

We were out there today and I came home with 15 nice ones. Guess I could have had a limit but it was game time and 15 makes a nice meal for my wife and I.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.