Elk Creek Lake

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I fished it this morning for a few hours. Its right on the Eau Claire / Dunn County border. Not a very big lake, but produces big fish. You can catch trout through the ice, and one guy said he moved into a house on the lake in which a guy who lived there for 65 years said the 2nd biggest bass in Wisconsin was caught here.
    I got a 38” 12 pound Pike outta there this mornin. Didnt have the digi cam, but had the other one.
    This little lake has potential, so if you are near it, giver a try.

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

How’s it for panfish?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Well when I was there in the summer, guys were gittin bluegill on bobber straight accross from the boat landing. They were also gitting carp and large suckers on the bobbers. I havent panfished it summer or winter. But hey, your in EauClaire, why not give it a try. What side of town you live on?

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

North side. How about you?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Upper west side, off of Folsom St. Right by the Nestle Factory.

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

yeah hey joe I live basically right on the lake I don’t know how the world you got em My friend david and I have been down there 3 days in a row and once last friday fishing the mornings really early and into the night to. We have gotten flags but mostly bass and they just pick it up but just drop it and I had one snap my 15 lbs. fireline on monday. But other then that we haven’t even caught nothin but we were only fishin about 100-200 yds away from the landing next to the very first island on the west end of the lake. might be planning on it tomorrow but hey if you go again good luck and maybe we’ll see ya down there.
    Shore Shiner

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

oh yeah for anyone wanting info on that no. 2 bass it was caught in 1964 by a guy right off his dock. at that time it actually was the state record which coming from a little lake it’s pretty cool.
    Shore Shiner

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Shore Shiner, were you and your buddy there on Wensday? Do eiether of you have a black Dodge pickup? I was talking to one guy when I was down there, who told us about the bass record, and said a friend l;ived on the lake and was comeing down to meet him. Was eiether of these you?
    I have the Northern pictures on regular pictures, but not on digital camera.

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

No, not us we would either be driving a black silverado or dark purple dodge with chrome plating down the side but no that wasn’t us. By the way have you ever bass fishied that in the summer if you haven’t you have to give it a try. We pull out some absolute dandys in there. But by the way we can drive yet David is almost 16 so we wouldn’t usually have a truck unless the chevy that I explained that would be when we have our other crew mate down there but what do you drive so maybe if we are there at the same time we could talk about good ol’ fishin times.
    Shore Shiner

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

My car is being worked on now, so if im there, its usually with friends. But its a gray olds cutlas with a cb antenae on it.

What do you use for fisning the bass? What area, closer to the dam? What school you guys go to?

perchkiller
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Shiner,how was your deer hunting this year. My dad and I were the guys at your campsite the night before opener. Other wise known as Adam Giffords cuz. ( dont hold it agents me if you dont like him). We drove by and seen some deer hanging but everyone was still in the woods. Is Elk Lake all you fish this time of year or is Red Wing still open. Would likt to try fishing E.L. but i would have to ask Adam to go with becouse i know nothing about the lake. Good luck if you go out.

Perch

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Were eiether of you out there last wensday?

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

We go to elk mound. The bass are actually north way of the beach/landing. We work the shore lines with topwaters like the scumfrogs and we fish hard on sunny hot days for some lakes it’s not that good but here it’s the best day you’ll ever get. and in summer for crappies the stormy days like the ones that it seems like you cant see 2 ft. because of the rain it’s the best for crappies then along with the sunny days. there are some dandy crappies in there my friend caught two in one day that were about 13-14 in. last summer. but not that many are that big most are just below that line of where you would keep them or not. last year I caught a 8 pound largemouth in there I released it I’ll try to post it but there are a lot of dandy bass in there usually it’s hard for us to go on a hot day and not catch one that is 20 in. or so. and the northerns get really annoying because they either rip our plastic worms or they rip the crud out of the sum frogs
    Shore Shiner

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

So what grade are you guys in? An 8 lb bass is a dandy fish. I hear you on the northerns, at Halfmoon in EC, they rip the hell out of our plastic baits too.

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

Im a freshman and david is a sophmore. and perchkiller We shot a lot this year I shot four does my dad shot an 8 pointer (basket rack) and a 7 pointer (basket rack) jon shot one doe. eric shot two big does and a spike. and mark shot nothin. Joey shot a doe. and my grandpa almost had a buck run him over he said that he had to hip shoot it because he was on the ground and he coudn’t get his gun up fast enough and he didn’t want the deer to run him over.
    Shore Shiner

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I am a Junior at North High in EauClaire. You guys wanna meet up at Elk Creek Lake this Saturday for some fishing?

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

yeah joe check your PM see ya’ll on sunday
    Shore Shiner

perchkiller
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Wish i could get out this weekend, but family first. I have a wedding to be at. Let me know how the bite is. Shiner do you or David ever get any trout through the ice, seems like it would be fun.

Good luck and stay on top.

Perch

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Well my buddy got 1 pike outta there on saturday, only 24 inches. We got 2 lures out of a tree by the landing. Made a little fire and enjoyed the sub zero temps

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

Hey joe what kind were they like topwaters maybe and perchkiller we don’t usually catch trout that much unless we go up the crick but we have caught some decent trout during the summer
    Shore Shiner

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

One was a spinner and one was a rapala.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.