Fireside Lake Report

• fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Two buddys and me fished up Fireside this past Monday and Tuesday. We stayed in a motel in Weyerhaeuser Monday night and left late Tuesday night. We intended to use tipups only.
    I got the first and biggest fish of the trip, this BIG 28” Pike

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

We made our little shanty camp, and threw tip ups out in front, but later threw them behind us in deeper water. We found out about 15 feet or deeper is where they were.

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Two more were landed at this spot, but only about 20”. We moved the next day, more west of where we were, where we landed 4 more. All a little over 20”. I threw on Pike on the ice, because, as you can see in the picture she swalloed my hook and all, and was really bleeding. So this was the only one kept. But as I let her lay and was picking up the other tipups, two Bald Eagles, less than 30 feet in the air were circling it. It was amazing, I could see the black of their eyes. It was a good end to a good trip.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report. Were you using sucker minnows for bait? Nice pics. Thanks, Bill

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Nice fish That Northern has a nice fat belly….Did you see that most of them were fairly plump like that?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Bill, we mostly used shiners. The largest one was caught on a huge shiner with quick strike rig. 1 Pike was caught on a sucker though.

Slop, They were all plump like that. The one I had to keep was plump of eggs . I wish I dodnt have to keep her, but I couldnt let the eagle have er.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.