PDC Report?

• superdave
    NE IA

Anybody braved the cold and been out fishing? I’m heading up tomorow, just wondered what to expect.
    Dave

dubiceman
    Dubuque, IA

Dave,
    Talked to some guys that were up at praire today and they were on their way back already at noon and they all three had their limits of bluegills. Not sure exactly where at in praire they were fishing exactly. Let us know how you do tomorrow.

Dubiceman

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Dave,

I’ll be out tomorrow too…Starting out in the ambro slough area…see ya out there !!

kapnjim

I think I may try Cold Spring tommorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning. Does anyone know if the bait shop in Lynxville is open on Mondays? Tuesdays?

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Yeah,

They live there. If not you can stop at the falling rock and they will hook you up.

FallingRock1
    Eastman Wi

Wed is the only day that Larry is closed.We’ve got waxies and some small shinners.The bite has been good at cold springs and I see that some are going south of the dike.
    Thats the area that I’m going tommorow.

Good Luck

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Lots of keeper gills and crappies in the Ambro Slough area..

Seems today it was a morning bite…the fish were almost jumping out of the holes in the am but really had to work hard for them in the later afternoon till dark…

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Fished mud slough for a couple of hours on sunday. Bite was pretty slow. Ended up catching 5 keeper gills and one nice crappy right at dark. Only caught a total of about 15 fish the whole time out. Caught everything on red, wouldn’t bite anything else it seemed.

superdave
    NE IA

Anybody been out lately? I’ll be up this weekend, wonder if anything is going on?

superdave
    NE IA

Fished today, started at Bussey around 730 a.m. We caught two nice perch, two crappies, and one dink gill. Plenty of ice, we drove out. We hit the road and headed north, only saw a few cars at Sny. Lots of guys between the bridges at PDC, saw one group out on horseshoe. Headed north, saw a couple groups on gremore, and about 5 trucks at the north landing. Drove by falling rock, there was atleast 50 boats out at the dam. Saw several other boats scattered around the channel between the dam and lansing. There were a few groups on cold springs, but we talked to a few guys that were there and it was slow. Drove all the way up to blackhawk park, there was a pile of people out on desoto bay, and a bunch more at the backwater lake in the park. They were pounding 3-5lb bass on shiners, if you want some tip up action go for it! We fished up there for about an hour with no luck for panfish. We then hit the dredge hole on the dike road, and caught quite a few small bluegills, and a few small crappies. Phew, no wonder I’m wore out, thats a lot of driving. All in all, a pretty slow day, but man it was a beauty! I think I got a sunburn!

Brian Lyons

Thanks for the report Dave! Good to have your info,keep us posted

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

ummmmmm

ummmmmmmmm

the fish ait bite’n

i aint caut a fish in weeks

superdave
    NE IA

Anybody game to get together on the 26th? I think I’ll come up and give it one last try. Might even be a cold one or two involved in the situation.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Hows the ice doing on pools 9 and 10. I fished the cut behind the ambro slough dowm by the south ramp sat. Only caught one small gill. Did see a cuople northerns caught on tip ups and a few nice crappies caught early befor I got there. If anybody gets out befor the weakend let us know how the ice is.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.