Rochester area

• hof
    Rochester, MN

Almost all areas have between 4-8 inches of ice. There are a few spots with springs that may have less, so stay on trails.
    Foster-Arends lake is producing some nice trout. Small minnows are working best.
    Chester Woods is producing bluegills and crappies. Tear drop style ice jigs tipped with a waxie, ratso jigs, rat finke jigs are all working.
    Country Club Manor pits are producing bluegills and crappies. Tear drops with waxies and other small ice jigs are working.
    Willow Creek is producing panfish. Tear drops with waxies and other small ice jigs are working.
    Lake Zumbro has had some people fishing it, but I have not heard what is getting caught. Since that body of water has current in areas, be extra careful there.
    I have not heard any reports from the Gamehaven lake (boy scout camp).
    The Mississippi backwaters are producing lots of fish. Sounds like you need to sort through lots of small ones, but can get some keepers. People are fishing all the spots – the Dike Road, Wilcox, West Newton, the Alma area, the finger lakes, the harbors, etc.
    One of the keys to catching fish through the ice is to be willing to experiment with several presentations until you find what is working. I would suggest having a variety of small ice jigs, some ratso’s and other subtle reaction type lures, some waxies and crappie minnows, etc. Fish different depths moving up and down the water column.

Good Fishing,
    Mike

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.