What’s your 1st go-to presentation for walleyes?

• slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

During all my years of ice fishing, I’ve always pursued the easy targets like panfish, perch and the occasional northern on a tip up. This year, I purchased the necessary gear to go after walleye. Now, I have fished walleye during most all of the open water months but to target them directly thru the ice is a different story.
    My plan of attack is either a Swedish Pimple with just the head of a minnow jigged near the bottom or a jigging spoon using a similar bait.
    What do most of you use right from the start before you fine tune your presentations?
    What about tip-up rigs? After dark?
    (Not trying to steal anyones secrets, just trying to learn).

Thanks all and Have A Very Merry Christmas!

“Boy, we’re making ice now!!!”

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

On my home body of water Clear Lake Ia my go to is the buck shot rattle spoon and minnow head alot of our bite is at low lite and I think the rattles realy help.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Mine would probably have to be a Willowspoon tipped with a medium fathead minnow.
    JWB

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Tip up fishing for walleyes is a blast. Find a good walleye lake. Drill your holes in 6 feet of water. Put your shiners down about 3 feet. The only kicker is this fishing starts about 4 in the afternoon until midnight or until you start to shiver. The little red lights are very handy.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Jigging spoons. Buckshot rattle spoons, Forage Minnows and Crusher spoons. Tipped with a minnow head.
    Golds, Silvers and Glows depending on the lake and the time of day.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Glow Devil tipped with a minnow tail.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.