Trempeleau Report

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

A friend and myself ventured out to try Third Lake in Tremplo this morning in this bitter cold weather . We made the trek out about 200 yards from the landing and set up the Otter in the channel than runs through the lake. The water clarity was pretty good with visability down to 4 feet in 6 fow. The fishing was plain awesome . The takers were all good sized gills with not a single dink today . A small marmooska in chart/green was very productive as was a chart. teardrop, both tipped with a waxie. The fun time was cut short due to my buddies wife calling . It was good to at least get a chance to try the lake out for the first time this year. More to come next week, right John ?

John Luebker

You bet Watson – I will contact you on Sunday so we can set some times up

waterswat
    WI

Being new to the area, I was up in the tremplo area last week and tried to find these places but don’t know the names of areas. I seen the long lake parking sign and then I went down a 2-lane road and there was a pond on the left. Is this 3rd lake, then I went all the way down to the end where you couldn’t go any further. What is the name of that if anyone understands where i am talking about. Have a happy holidays

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

waterswat-Sounds like you were in the right area The first pond you came to is Long lake, very few people fish that if any. The next one is Third Lake, there will be a little parking area and lots of shacks on this one as most people fish there. If you take the narrow road that leads through the woods is the last lake, not sure what the nake is-Round?. Some fish that one but I have not as of yet. Give it a shot, there are some bull gills in Third

waterswat
    WI

Thanks for the explanation Wats. I always like trying new places, just need to get the time to try them all. I thought I was in the general area anyways. How deep of an area is third lake. I will definetly be up there sometime this year to try it out. Happy Holidays

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Third lake is shallow for the most part. We were fishing in the channel and it is 6 fow. There might be deeper holes, but it wouldn’t be much deeper. This is a great lake for panfish as well as pike and bass on tipups.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.