Southern MN Forecast

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If your favorite lake, river or pond doesn’t have fishable ice yet… it will by Friday!

Thursday Dec 23 Partly Cloudy -3°/-12°

Yup, that’s right. A HIGH of 3 below zero. Yikes. I think I’ll go to grandma’s and eat christmas cookies and listen to gramps tell fishing stories I’ve already heard a few times. To those that do go out fishing in that… I salute you.

herb
    6ft under

Well, if you get bored with the cookies and stories, come on down. You can help me run beaver traps. At least you’ll stay warm.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I didn’t know you trapped Herb. Do you run sets for coon or mink too?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

He’s the Beaver Master

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

And Fridays temps sound like the same. Maybe 18 above Sat. and maybe 32 above Sunday. You see, I put my order in for ice makin temps to get good solid ice for everyone and then warm up so everyone can hack being out in it.

And your welcome!

Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

He’s the Beaver Master

I heard that…but I thought it was just one of those rumors.

ps Thanks Bill…us pussy whimps like James and I need the warmth.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Herb, your post brought back memories. I used to run a trap line for mink and muskrats when I was a kid. A few years back I went with my Dad as he was trapping nusiance beaver for the county. He had one in one of those big a$$ed traps he used for beaver and I decided to reset it for him. He just smiled and said ok. The damn thing slipped out of my hands with the jaws open and it came shut on the roll of fat hanging over my belt. Even with heavy clothes on, it hurt like heck. I now have a new respect for guys that trap beaver on a regular basis. Those traps are awesome!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Brian, I also hate cold and thats why I also ordered warmer temps to follow. Thats why I have a new heater to stay warm along with insulated bibs now instead of just uninsulated ones and Polartec long johns this year and new gloves with a pocket inside that holds a hand warmer and some fleese shirts that I found at Walmart. If I’m going to ice fish this year to make spring get here quicker I want to be warm. And then my fishin partner, Nate, goes and moves to Red Wing two weeks ago. The nerve of that guy. lol. Oh well, it will pay off in the long run as I’ll be there on weekends come warmer weather. [he can’t get rid of me that easy.] Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sounds like you’re set Bill!

Why doesn’t someone make heated snow boots. Not the electric sock…but true heated boots. Those hand warmers in the toes just don’t cut it!

Merry Christmas!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.