Portable ice shack improvements

• Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I am in the process of improving my portable (otter magnum lodge) to make fishing easier and more fun. I recently built a floor in the tub with 1×2’s and thin plywood with cut outs for the pail, lantern case and seat.
    But now I’m thinking about remaking my homemade seat, and building a console to hold the minnow bucket, beverage, tackle, and whatever else I come up with. I’m sure people have done this before, I would like some ideas on what you have done, and any picts you may have.
    I’m sure I’ll build/tear apart and rebuild many times. i always do to get it right.
    I’m having a problem finding a place to secure the auger in the sled when I pull it out to the hole.
    One more thing, anyone make a holder for their vexilar? i bought the blue box for it last week, but I’m thinking I could build something better and more protective for it?

Thanks
    jami

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Maybe a motor and tracks might be nice to add to the portable.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Yes they would, but I don’t think I’d be able to lift it into the back of the truck if I added them.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

What improvements have you made to your portable ice shacks? This could be a very interesting thread if ideas are shared with everyone. How have you remodeled your portable home on the ice?
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.