What is going on with Strikemaster?

• Don McAlpine
    Rochester, Mn

OK. Need some state of the art comments from the forum here. My son-in-law is a budding ice fishing fanatic. He was all excited and got a new Strikemaster 2000 a week or two ago. Problems starting! Returned it and the second one has same problems…has to pull 10 plus times to get going. I have learned that Strikemaster has changed vendors for motors in the past year. They also have this “new” feature of a system that makes pulling easier…not sure how does that but I am suspicious that something about the changes has some bugs. The older Strikemasters seem to have a very good reputation. He is wondering whether to get a third Strikemaster specimen or just switch to another brand like the Eskimo. Anyone out there know what is going on behing the scenes?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I have not heard of any problems. I bought a new 8″ Lazer last week and it starts within 4 pulls right out of the box. I would suggest calling them in the morning. Here’s their # 763-263-8999.

Don McAlpine
    Rochester, Mn

Thanks a lot. Will pass that number on. He could just be unlucky. I guess he has tried 3 units now.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the site dmac. Glad to have you with us. Please feel free to post all you want. We ALL learn from each others sharing. Thanks, Bill

n8uxr

I want to buy an auger, but I need to hear from all of you who have them. who likes what they have purchased, and does anyone make an augar with a honda powered augar ?

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

Don’t forget gravity flow,,, ” Have it standing up when trying to start it “
    Last year my spark plug cap had to be adjusted then it worked just fine.
    Also bring the spark plug gap a little closer if need be…

My strike master has been working pretty good for the last 7 years

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.