IDA’s Pool 10 Ice fishing Get Together !!!

• jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

You better get shoveling Dave.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I will have some Raffles going on Saturday too…There will be 4 IDA Staff Guys walking around , each with a custom made long Ice rod…They will be hole hopping around selling chances to win one of these rods…$1 each or 6 for $5…Plus I will have 4 boxes of B fish N Tackle products estimated at $25 each to raffle off (see me for this one) I’m sure we will have IDA Hats and other Logo’d merchendise there too !!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Is anyone going to make a reservation at the Betty Ford Clinic? Maybe someone should call Hazelden up by Lindstrom and let them know they might get a sudden influx of fisherman. I already have my Liver pills perscription filled.I think the Mich goldens will be flowing rather easily.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

DON’T FORGET TO GET YOUR LICENCE BEFORE HEADING TO THE ICE SAT. MORNING.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Len will we be able to pick up the shinners up Saturday morning. I’m coming from Madison Friday night and I don’t want to bring any from here and try to keep them over night because they die so easy so I’m look for other options.

Quote:

I’ll be there this year.If anyone needs the larger shiners
    we have them at the bar.Only $5.00 a dozen.

herb
    6ft under

Jeff, send Len a pm and see if he’ll bring ya some saturday. Otherwise the bar is only a 15 or 20 minute run to the north.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I just got word today from Len that he will not be able to make it on Saturday

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Well i got out to Big Missouri today…thinking that the big gills would be on the go !!! What I found was a pile of 6″ gills and a ton of small perch,,,cute little things arn’t they

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

pounds and pounds of 6″ gills…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

But then i went to another spot that has produced for me very well in the past and this spot didn’t let me down..

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

and some nice gills too

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Dave-How many miles are we going to be walking from the landing to the fishing hole?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

you shouldn’t have to walk at all…there should be a good bunch of 4-wheelers and snomobiles to get you to and from…If not..the trip from the landing to Little Missouri by foot is about a 15 minute walk…piece of cake !!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Sounds good. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t 2 miles back in Didn’t want to have too many clothes on and sweat then freeze

herb
    6ft under

I don’t think anyone will have to walk this year.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Dave were can I get a rod like the one in your pic. Looks pretty nice!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

OK, Dave, the time is getting close so I need some advice. I’ll be in town about 1-2:00 and maybe prefish if someone else is out there. If not, going to the motel is fine also. But what to bring or buy there for bait is the question. Waxies, minnows, euro..? Long pole with 2# test? Jigs? I have your maps but I’m not sure I will get to the right spot on my own. Obviously the worst that could happen is that we meet at Eddie’s at 6:00 and that’s a good thing too.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Putz you left yourself wide open for a come back, but I’m to nice of a guy to jump at it.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

What to have for equiptment

Spikes/wax worms…if you really like to fish with minnows feel free to bring some…

Ice fishing will be in water no deeper than 5′ deep and even as shallow as 3′

So ice rods with spring bobbers will be the ticket…the bite has been fairly light for the most part but some of them crappies have just been hammering the bait..

There will be 4 custom made ice rods on the ice that will be fished by Dustin Stewart, Steve Dezurik, Tom Donaldson, and James Holst. These guys will be selling tickets to win one of these rods….
    I don’t have any pictures of the exact rod but here is a little info on these rods…

They measure 48″ to 54″ long, and made from a St. Croix Rod Blank. At the tip there is a 1 1/2″ coil spring that will detect the lightest bite. And at the end of this stick there is an in-line reel, which will allow you to take in line or add out line with ease. This pole is a must, especially if you will be hole jumping. If the wind is blowing you only need the amount of line out that is necessary unlike the shorter poles where you would have all the line exposed between the ice and the tip of the pole. It also prevents you from squatting down or dragging a pail or bucket around to each hole.

this photo is one of the rods i have

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

You’re a better man than I am, Jeff.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jeff, I’m not too nice…but he’s bringing the schnapps…so I’ll keep quiet for once too.

Putz, I should be there about the same time. You still have my cell number? “I can show you the spot”

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Dave:

Is Little Missouri where we were last year?

riverfan
    MN

All,

I’m scanning all the posts and not finding the directions. Can someone point me to them.

John

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The directions are on page 11 in one of Dave’s posts. I can’t sem to link it to here

John Luebker

I think I am going to have to get me one of those rods as well.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

caught these fish today..we will be on fish !!

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.