IDA’s Pool 10 Ice fishing Get Together !!!

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

By 9:00 how could you see anything?

ouch….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Now what are you trying to imply there sir?!

herb
    6ft under

Your sunglasses were too dark?????????

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I beg to differ. I could plain see Steve’s ankle splinter like a twig… and he was moving fast left to right and about 50′ out. Nothing wrong with my vision. Had you called me on my judgement, well, you’d have got no argument from me.

herb
    6ft under

I still get the chills thinking about his ankle. Good thing he’s young and heals fast.
    Hope he learned something from it.
    Like not to ride behind a machine when James is driving.
    Not sure about bringing the scratcher this year. Would like to locate a bigger motor.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I was just a spectator on the back of the wheeler when he got hurt. Don’t try to pin this one on me, bub…. lol Lord know’s Steve and I have roughed each other up before in the past but in this case my responsibilty begins and ends with me yelling…… “FASTER!”

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I honestly think all that began with a conversation about the tubing behind a boat on pool 4. Then someone thought it would be fun to try it on the ice. My question is, ‘Who’s idea was it to tie Steve to the 4 wheeler?’

herb
    6ft under

Hey Steve
    Can you set us straight on the what, who, when, and last but not least, why you got so beat up last year?
    And just so everyone knows, I was standing next to Koonce and Briank when all this took place. Right Guys?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dave…did you see Herb?

herb
    6ft under

Well then maybe I should ask for an unbiased opinion.
    Hey fishing machine! You out there?

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

All I know is from about 1:00pm forward the rest of my time in PDC was kind of a blur……
    As I know for a fact that alcohol had nothing to do with any incidents that took place down there.

I think it all started when I realized that my skates had made the trip inside the back corner of my portable fish house. Like everything when Holst and I get together, one thing leads to another in absolute light speeds and before we know it, I am dodging soft liliypad spots like a mad man on a down hill slalem course….We tried Herb’s scratcher for a couple moments and the guys realized that they could not turn the scratcher sharp enough to put me in a tail spin…..so the game got elevated like alwayss and we looked for a bigger and better piece of equipment to do the job….Someone’s 4-wheeler just happened to be ever so conveniently placed right next to all of us and on came the light bulb.

Unfortunately the rest is history….well I take that back. After I rolled my ankle,I realized that the swelling was coming on too fast to keep my fishing boots on and I grabbed my tennis shoes and lightly laced them up and we were off to the restraunt for an evening of fine dining.

The next morning at 4:00am I woke from my bed in a PDC hotel and the throbbing was too much to handle and I proceeded to crawl my way back down two flights of stairs to my truck only to find that my driving with my left foot was more of a challenge than I thought for a 4 hour drive…

Note to self…..bring full body gear to the event for 2005!

herb
    6ft under

There you have it folks, the skates did it!
    Don’t worry Steve, we’ll play it safe this year and chain you to the BBQ grill. We’ll drill a couple holes so you can fish and flip at your pleasure. Nothing can happen there right?
    Well, just to make sure, bring fire proof clothing.

Brian Lyons

I saw the whole thing
    definitely caused by a Green Sunfish

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I donno Herb…wasn’t that you out there squeezing the anti skate cream out of the Green Sunfish?

herb
    6ft under

LOL
    No sir, that was me squeezing the s&@t out of a bottle of miller lite, while trying to squeeze info out of BigB on those pool 4 crappies, which will probably continue this winter. Still hunting for that 18 incher.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Where my post go saying I’ll be there?

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

Herb, Wahly, Rugbystar, Gianni, I’m planning on being up there
    bright & early. 1st eating breakfast at the country kitchen by the
    Broisbis Inn & then hitting the morning bite. I’ll probably bring
    a case of beer like last year. It would be nice if we all stayed
    at the same Hotel. Preferably a place next to where we can eat
    supper. Does any body want to share a room.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Wahly, I haven’t stayed the night the last couple of years but I’ve been working on the wife and plan to this year (at least right now).

I’ll talk with her about it today and shoot a PM your way.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I found my post. It’s at the Head Count for the 3rd Annual IDA Ice Fishing I really don’t think I’ll have time to ice fish. There be to much talking going on.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

Looks like fun But if I remember right, it takes strong ankles, and
    some times it helps to avoid the pad stems

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

count me in been absent for a while but wont miss it for the world looking forward to seeing u all soon

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

In another week or so I’ll put up directions to the location of the Ice Get Together !! For those of you that don’t know how to get to Prairie i’ll have everything all laid out….

It won’t be long !!

I look forward to seeing you all there !!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

I’ll need them.

kapnjim

Hey Jeff, it’s easy, just head west until you get to the big creek!!

bola
    SE Wisconsin

Dave any tip-up fishing or just all jig poles?

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Dave are you going to have minnows like shinners and fatheads for tip-ups or should I bring some. I would like to throw out a few tip-ups?

herb
    6ft under

It would be best to bring your own bait Jeff.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.