IDA’s Pool 10 Ice fishing Get Together !!!

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Ok I believe if i try and wait any longer i may be linched

Saturday January 29th 2005

I will get on the fish and give a detailed map as to the location in the near future…There will be plenty of ice by then so the more the merrier

There will be a couple of power augers there already with plenty of holes to be had for sure.There will be plenty of poles to be had too…

Last year we had some guys that found a great deal on bait and there was plenty of bait to be had too..

I will try and get something for the grill to keep us warm inside…

All you will need to supply is the warm clothing(although there will be plenty of ice houses to warm up in) If your going to fish you will need either a Wisconsin or Iowa fishing License.Beverage of your choice…lets see….what else….

Well thats a start…I hope everyone can make it, and like last year there should be plenty of transportation to and from the Hot Spot

Happy Holidays To All

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Alrighty Then!

kapnjim

Hi Dave, I am going to try to make it this year. Last year I drove over there (to my shack) with my family but that morning could not walk from the shack to my truck without falling on my hinder from the ice storm (I think that was last year?)The roads were terrible, hope this year is a little better!!

kapnjim

Dave, what year is the ice fishing get-together? Your post says 2004….

Edit: Thanks for changing the year, I thought I was going to have to invest in a time machine..

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

oops !!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

DO you have a guess as to what time this is going to start? I’m thinking I need to atleast take a half day vacation or maybe the whole day if it is early, other wise I get off work at 12:30, and that’s around a good 4 hour drive IIRC, but this sounds like fun, as of now I’m going to try and make it out there.

other questions…
    1. Should I bring my snowmobile? would that make life easier?
    2. Are my little ice fishing pole going to be ok, I should I really get a longer pole ( you guys are using longer poles on the river right?)
    3. What’s a “standart” set up for the river, how deep do you guess we will be fishing, vex’s? marcums? Does a camera even work in these areas?
    4. Are we having a fish fry on ice

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

This “Get Together” will start as soon as anyone wants to show up !! Sun up/ first light !!!

Snowmobile would be fine…there will be several forms of transportation !!

Short poles , Long Poles , Fat Poles , Skinny Poles…It just doesn’t really matter…I like the long poles if the wind and weather permits…If it’s blowing and cold I’ll be in my house to keep warm where my long poles won’t cut it…

We will be fishnig anywhere from 1 foot of water to 5 feet of water I would guess…depends on where they are, come the 29th…

We will try and muster up some kind of lunch on the ice thats for sure !!

see ya there !!

remingtonhunting
    Southern WI

Sounds like fun. I may be able to attend.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Would this event be open to Iowa anglers?
    Ryan Hale

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

This is not a fishing contest, but a Get Together !! Come one Come All !!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ryan, If it’s open to folks from Poland, I think folks from IA are welcome…

Quote:

Short poles , Long Poles , Fat Poles , Skinny Poles

jim-bailey
    Clinton County Iowa

I’m planning on making it this year also. Dave: Save some fish for the rest of us too. Have a great Holidays everyone.
    Jim

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

what lake are we fishing and where is this lake located???

shane

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Shane, it’ll be on the Mississippi River backwaters, Ecnook will find us some fish before letting go with the final location, but my guess is that the parking lot will end up being the North Ambro(sp?) landing just above Prarie Du Chicken.

Anything you need me to bring this year Dave? Maybe a dozen pair of BBQ tongs?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Dave,I know dude,just trying to stir the pot a little.
    Ryan Hale

emover
    Malcom, IA

Dave,
    Marking that date on calendar NOW, I definitely plan on being there.(even if roads are yuk) If ya need anything, just let me know.
    dave

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Ryan and I are going to try to make it over! If everything works out will see you all on the 29th!

IceJohn

I am coming need anything let me know.Is there going to JET SKATING AGIN?? ouch that hurt!!Be safe on the ice.ICE JOHN

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

I plan on making the trip this year, Gianni you planning on spending the night?

Dave will there be hotel rooms set up?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

He’s working on the hotel rooms. Probably be a couple day’s before he gets to it though.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I need a room too. Chappy, we should get the same hotel. Less travel, more drinking.

Lenny Jamison

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Count me in buddy!
    Catching those nice crappies inches below the hole was an experience to say the least….and then getting a ride in Herb’s back scratcher was even better, and then if a guy puts skates on gets towed around the bay….we best let that one be!

For anyone that has never been to the get together, I would highly encourage you to go. Its a great time to meet new and old faces here from IDA!

See you then Dave!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

old faces

Steve, it’s not nice to talk about Herb and me that way…

But you are correct in saying if you haven’t been to one, you are missing a great time.
    <br>

•It’s a mixed crowd. All ages all walkes of life.
    <br>
    •It costs you the drive there…unless you spend the night of course. (Daves working on prices for rooms to keep that cost down)
    <br>
    •You don’t need to be a registered member to attend.
    <br>
    •If you’ve never ice fished before…everything you need will be there …except warm clothes.
    <br>
    •There is an abundance of free fishing information about anything you could ever think about asking.
    <br>
    •IDA decals and Hats will be available
    <br>
    •Bring your own beverages (many will be drinking soda pop, many will be drinking beer.
    • Which reminds me, the Beer Professor will be holding mini sessions on the history of beer. These will be held between beers…so you have to pay attention…they might only last seconds….

Sorry Lenny…I was getting too serious!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Do those lessons go something like this. “This beer is history. May I have anouther?”

Looks like I will be missing the get together again this year. Hoping to be belly up on a beach off the coast of Mexico that weekend.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hmm PDC? or Mexican bar on the beach…? Tough choice Mike…let us know what you decide….

wahly
    Cedar Rapids, Ia

beer drinking lessions, I think its more like this…..
    hmmmm, that first beer tastes a little musty…..

musty have another one…..

herb
    6ft under

WARNING!!!!!!!
    There will be NO beer on the ice at the GTG.
    Such a waste
    Hopefully, it will be in coolers, cans, and bellies.
    And don’t forget to irrigate the cattail patches.

Rugbystar
    Marion, Iowa

1-5 fow? Wow that will be cool. Haven’t done the backwater icefishing thing before. Just lakes and ponds. Gianni we should see if Joe wants to head that way too.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Most of the fish we caught last year came out of 2′ of water and could be seen right below the ice coming in on the baits. Very, very cool!

herb
    6ft under

By 9:00 how could you see anything?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.