eskimo shacks

• gregory
    Red wing,mn

was wonder how these shacks hold up,and if anyone has one and if they like it? they seem like a good deal.thanks

UncleGrump
    Dodge County MN

Bub

I have a QF3 – got it two years ago. I bought it because it was less expensive than an Otter at the time. I could stand up in it, and it provided goodly space, and it came w/ two pretty darn comfortable chairs, and the fact that I could fish 3 people of it if needed (myself and my boys). I also got a cover and towbar for it at the time of purchase.

Drawbacks are that its heavy – I would guess 85-90# empty, and w/ all my stuff – closer to 110#+ (includes propane tank, etc). The sled isn’t the thickness of an Otter – if you want that heavy of a sled, you got to anty up for the Otter; but – I am getting a hi-fax kit for it, so that should help alot. It pulls well on glare ice, but add some snow, and you’ve got a load. It also has a high profile, which can cause it to “kite” in high winds. But many portables have some or all of these problems.

Overall – its a pretty decent unit.

UG

gregory
    Red wing,mn

thanks for the input,wieght isn’t to much of concern i have a fourwheeler,i really want one now its just the money thing,i like the fact that there made cumberland,wi..thanks

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey bub,

I have an eskimo, I don’t know the model number, but it is the 4 wholer. it folds inside itself and it isn’t like a clam, the whole canvas stays conected to the poles and they telescop out with push button releases. I have had mine for 2 years and it has held up very well. I have no complaints and recremend them to other for the price.I am looking forward to another year fishing out of mine.

shane
    I will get mine next weekend from the farm, PM if you want me to take snapshot of mine for you to look at. oh yeah, the other thing i like is the pockets above each hole for storage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.