Clear Lake Iowa

• JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Our local newspaper declared the lake officially froze over today it won,t be long now

iceman
    Staples/Brainerd,Mn

Joe, just becarefull on going out there to soon..
    and don’t end up like me .WET AND COLD ..

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Any further updates on the ice conditions for Clear Lake? A friend and I hope to get out next Tuesday (12/28)… just looking for some confirmation that the ice is good to go before I make the trek south. Many thanks in advance.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I do believe you will have good ice as the lake had 4in last weekend before this week of below zero I would reccomend calling Dome Bait 641-829-4418 for the latest info

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Will do… thanks.

If anyone has any additional ice or fishing reports from Clear Lake — they would be appreciated.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

got any kind of fishing report lately for the yellows. looks like the weakend is going to be nice. thanks for any info.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I called around tonite and the weather has slowed the fishermen from going I hope to make it over in the AM I will post results good or bad

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I did not get to go today but talked to a couple anglers that made it out mid week and the yellow bite has slowed up with the farmers beach area being about the best bet

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Thanks Joe. I am going to try to make it up pretty soon. Do you know is the bite like last when you could only catch the yellows early morning and again after sundown for a short while or is it an all day bite.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

The is a low lite walleye bite going on by the areators.As far as the yellows I hope to go early this week and make a report spent the weekend down with the bug. I heard of a few nice crappie off the island if I was to go it might pay to bring a pole about 4ft off bottom just to see last year there were some dandy crappies caught just no big numbers

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I fished the island a lot last year and seen a few crappies caught in the 12 inch range. I just fished the yellows. I use a swedish pimple and the yellows just slam it on the fall. I have caught an ocasional walleye on this presentation too, but nothing big. I will probably be up sun. or mon. with monday being a holladay for me. Let me know how you do this weak. Hope your feeling better so you can get out and fish.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.