Balsam Lake…..

• tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Anyone been out on Balsam yet, or anyone know of the current ice conditions up there? Thanks

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

I also am interested….please pass the word people!! Thanks

modauger
    West Central Wisconsin

I know of a few guys who were out on balsam two weeks ago when the weather was decent. They had very good luck in the bays that were frozen over – with eyes and pike. Funny thing was that there were boats roaring around on the main lake and they were fishing with tip ups. Don’t know of the current conditions, but i would imagine that the conditions right now would be more favorable than the conditions two weeks ago.

good fishing….

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Fishing Stump bay???

Big E
    Saint Paul, MN area

Today I was out on two smaller lakes near Balsam Lake. We had 5″ and 8″ of ice — good quality ice too. I haven’t seen Balsam Lake, but I gotta believe the ice would be ok for walking on back in the bays. After the cold snap this weekend ice fishing should be in full swing just about everywhere.

modauger
    West Central Wisconsin

Tip Ups Only-

I don’t know which bay they were fishing in. All I know is that they had pretty decent fishing on the tip ups in whichever bay they were fishing in……

tipupsonly
    Western Wisconsin

Hit Balsam today from 1-5. Made a small attempt to panfish (not much luck), and concentrated on tip-ups and staying warm. Had 6 flags, 5 fish (3 SMALL northern, 1 decent norther, and a small bass). There were several others out there….mostly tip-up fisherman. One guy was concentrating on panfish, but I saw him move several times, so I expect fishing was not good. Solid 5-7 inches of ice out there though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.