fishing lights

• Dropshot
    Bristol, WI.

Looking for a good light for nights of ice fishing. Something rechargeable and runs several hours on one charge. What are you guys using this winter?

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I love my Coleman propane lantern. It runs a long time on a 16 oz tank. If you want an electric they make a battery operated one as well but I know nothing about them. My Mr. Heater and lantern run off the same propane tanks so I just bring a couple extra along with me (for longer outings)and I’m set. Only downfall is that when the tanks run out you have a little extra trash to carry around but compared to a 25lb cylinder it’s nothing.
    Chris

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I went to an electric lantern because I kept breaking the mantles in my gas lantern. I carried the gas lantern in a case but it seemed like the least little bump broke the mantles. I now wear a headlamp and use a coleman electric lantern that is battery powered and that works great. Only trouble is the lantern uses about 5 thousand “D” cell batteries. The headlamp is nice for walking off the ice in the dark.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I have a colman battery light as well. I have found that using the D cell batteries get eaten up pretty fast. but if you use the 6Volt batteries, they seem to hold up pretty decent. I have only changed them out 2 or 3 times for the whole season of fishing. I am looking to get another one to hang on both sides of my house to brighten it up in there. I do like the propane ones, they seem to shine brighter at night than the batteries. i also use a headlamp to walk off of the ice, but not this year, i will be using the lights of my sled to get off.

shane

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I find that any deer shiner works well.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

I also use a coleman gas lantern and headlamp, bought the plastic protective case, in the sled she goes. so far 3 years and haven’t broke a globe yet. I string mine up in the shack with a little 6″ bungee. always bring an extra bottle of gas with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.